lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 Workhorse stalls on hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The manufacture recommends a rebuild at 130 pounds of compression.
Start at the bottom of the small hill, lift the seat and check that the rear clutch is closed up and the front clutch is opened up... attempt the mild hill. If the cart can not pull the hill in the lowest gear setting described above then 30psi is just too little compression to push the cart up the hill
Oh look, there's one now Thanks Scotty
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

So was there a resolution to this question?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #23
Brother Texan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The part where you can't coast down the hill bothers me. That plus the engine can be heard bogging and the noises coming from the "clutch." All that makes me wonder about the condition of the brakes and or the transaxle. Check oil level in transaxle, also see if oil smells burnt. Raise rear of cart on jack and try to spin wheels by hand with trans in nuetral. It should be easy to turn the wheels by hand. If not pull rear wheel and brake drums, drums should come off easily whith brake off. With drums off try to spin the axles. If still tight there is something wrong in the transaxle.
Brother Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Texan View Post
The part where you can't coast down the hill bothers me. That plus the engine can be heard bogging and the noises coming from the "clutch." All that makes me wonder about the condition of the brakes and or the transaxle. Check oil level in transaxle, also see if oil smells burnt. Raise rear of cart on jack and try to spin wheels by hand with trans in nuetral. It should be easy to turn the wheels by hand. If not pull rear wheel and brake drums, drums should come off easily whith brake off. With drums off try to spin the axles. If still tight there is something wrong in the transaxle.
I dont know that this is the least bit true. You will have to work to get the hubs/drums off.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
horseback1926
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Lots of great advice. In the process of checking all these possibilities. Getting new compression check also. Will let you know how it turns out.
horseback1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Brother Texan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any resolution?
Brother Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #27
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My compression gauge has never seen more than 150 psi on the ezgo's, anything less will affect performance. Maybe the driven clutch was not assembled back properly. Try taking the belt off and grab the two sheaves by hand hold the outer sheave steady and roll the inside sheave backwards and release both at the same time it should snap back with a loud clack. If not then the clutch has not been assembled back with the pre- tension. check for full throttle, stuck choke, plugged muffler, but 130 psi is not good
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #28
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

I would adjust the valves 130 is low to me. give it a try and see how that does for starters. good luck!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climbing, gas cart, power, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO