lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2005 gas ST good price, opinions?

I found a nice 2005 st today for about 2800. Dealer is selling on consignment for a customer. I am interested for eventually a lift (bigger than stock) and maybe a big block conversion. Is the lift the same as the txt? I don't see it listed? Any owners, I would love your opinion before I make a decision. What engine stock (two cylinder)... 9hp? stock performance etc. Thanks in advance.
Hillbilly Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 gas ST good price, opinions?

That's a beautiful cart.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Uh, Thanks. Any other info?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe the 2005 350cc ST is a Workhorse. More than enough power to bring you around. Price is excellent.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'm in LA too HillBilly,,,... The ST I believe will have the fe350 11 hp engine stock... The big block is a pricy upgrade but is the best power you will be able to get with a bolt in BB conv.... Tom @ cpp sells the complete kit and it's all bolt in. Like i said though, it's rough on the benjamins!! LOL... The stock engine has several tricks for added speed and torque if your happy with the current performance so there are a few options. As far as a lift, I believe it will classify the same bodywise as the txt, but i don't know for sure. Hopefully someone will chime in and fill in that blank. I think the price is right if the condition is worthy of it.... Most of the time a poorly mantained cart shows itself just as much as does a properly mantained cart. If the exterior condition sux then I would bet the prior owner had no interest in the mechanical care either. Just some things to think about when your lookin it over. Hope this helps..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Were in LA? The only problems I can see with the cart is the tires are wore smooth. Everything else looks good. Still trying to decide between gas and electric.. If I go gas, this will be a front runner. what cam you get out of these carts (speed wise)? with adjusents
Old 02-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'm south of Montgomery bout 45 minutes... I wouldn't worry too much bout the tires, cuz the first thing to go when you lift it will be the tires anyway. I'm a gasser guy, so my vote would be on it simply because I don't have a sparky and don't prefer them. Alot of people like them, I just like being able to gas it up and go and not be tethered by a charging cord when it runs out of juice. I have had my stock engine in the mid 30's with the gov. tightened all the way up. Be warned, this is a recipe for premature engine failure. The engine, if it takes the high rpm's, will have a considerably shorter life. My advice, be moderate and realize that from the factory these carts were designed to cruise at a 12 to 15 mph pace.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

South of Montgomery about 45 minutes... put you near Evergreen or Andalusia?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like a good deal if the condition is right. And yes, the GAS TXT lift is the one you will need.

What part of LA you from Hillbilly? I am in Molino, FL just east of Bay Minette
auburn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Foley.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO