lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Shed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking New to Carts, Looking for alot of help

I recently bought a 1984 Ezgo gas 2cycle. (oil/gas mix).

It's in fair to good shape and of course I want to play with it!

Immediately I'm concerned with mechanicals. She backfires when I'm at full throttle and left off suddenly. I've read about adjusting a screw on the carb?
I want this old girl to run like a top even if she won't be going to the prom anytime soon. I also have an issue when I took it out of storage the engine runs about half throttle for a long time before engaging and taking off. Any ideas? Just cold? No use for the last 5 months???

I have a friend who services fleets of carts. He says he has a rebuild kit with new seals and some other stuff that will have her running like new in an hour or so. Anybody know what this might be?

I have a shimmy at top speed in the front end, and of course I think of tie rods. I'm a shade tree mechanic mostly working on my diesel pickup, is this something I can do without destroying the cart? How do you align it afterwards?

I want to put on a lift kit. The only one I can find is the cheapest one out there and it's a "block" kit? Sound right to anyone? Says no welding I can have it on and 4" higher in a few hours?

A HUGE question is about tires and wheels. I have stock wheels/tires now. I want to stay with a steel (black) wheel with a mild off road tire. Nothing crazy, I'll be mostly on road or on dirt/gravel, rarely full on mud. So what sizes would I be looking at? What about off sets? I have no idea what off sets even are!

I am considering new shocks/coils/leafs also. I figure this is one of those maintenance issues on a 20+ year old machine? Any suggestions?

What about fluids? I've always said replace all fluids on any used vehicle you buy immediately. Same hold true for a cart? What fluids are in my 2 cycle cart? Engine oil? tranny oil? I am an Amsoil synthetic dealer and would like to use them in this cart.

Please do not be bashful, ANY thoughts, suggestions or otherwise will be greatly appriciated! Shed
Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Default Re: New to Carts, Looking for alot of help

WELCOME TO BGW! I'M SURE YOU WILL GET THE ANSWERS HERE
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to Carts, Looking for alot of help

well your engine is a cycle oil injected engine when new. Need to check to see if it is still hooked up.If it's not and you have to mix your gas and oil it is a 128-1 ratio, thats 1 ounce to a gallon of gas. Don't know if amsoil has a injection 2 cycle oil. But I use a HP oil for jet ski's in mine and it sure woke it up from stock ezgo oil that was still left in it.The block lift kits are just about it .Just start searching for the info you want ,It;s all here on the site , Welcome aboard
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO