lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
steelscorpion1
Not Yet Wild

Smile First Cart Build, EZ go lifted project

I am transferring this over from the gas cart section. After an unsuccesful attempt at identifying another golf cart, I bought an early 90s Ezgo Workhorse with a robin engine in it. At the same time I bought a 1981 Snowmobile for the motor which I am going to place in it. This will be a big bite to chew for a first time cart build, but I am excited to do it. I can learn to most things mechanical but am not a welder so any welding I will have to farm out. Here is the link to the starting pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steelsc...7626968323433/
steelscorpion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
steelscorpion1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: First Cart Build, EZ go lifted project

Ok here is an update. I am now going to build two carts. Crazy in the heat I guess. I have a 22hp Kohler motor or a snowmachine motor to put in my workhorse. I just have to figure out which one. I have a dilemma. The kohler I will have to get the shaft turned down to fit my clutch. The front end on my workhorse has what appears to be a custom drop axle lift and a frankenstein fabbed lift on the rear. Looks to be about 4 inches. I spoke to our local EZGO rep and he showed me some new spindles that would allow me to hookup my steering using the stock tie rods. The spindles would cost more than the whole cart. I am having to go cheep on these projects unfortunatley. More scrounging and inventing and fabing than should be done but oh well. He said the tie rods should hook up but will be extended almost to the limit without the spindles. Also this drop axle does not have shock mounts to I will either have to weld some on or come up with something.
steelscorpion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO