lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #21
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1989 ez go help

It is worn all the way thru it is on the outside not the engine side. Like I said this guy was a hack. Can I buy a replacement without buying an entire driver clutch assy?
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #22
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Here are a couple more pics maybe you guys can see a little better.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #23
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Amigo, it's a good thing I'm already drinking or that picture would have made me start, like RIGHT NOW ...

What I'm wondering is why the belt isn't a LOT more chewed up, although maybe being as the damage is low on the face, the belt doesn't spend a ton of time there (although I really can't see it doing any GOOD for the belt, long-term)

Is it grabby? I don't want to be the one to say it *gulp* but I'm afraid you may be in the market for a clutch, Brother
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #24
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Kinda what I figured. Anyone have one? I happen to rest my hand on the clutch and my finger went all the way thru and I though "hmm that's not good". Haha I'm taking it better maybe cause I've been sipping down some cold ones and working on the cart so all in all life is pretty good.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

You might want to give some of the site sponsors an email or call, they may be able to help you locate a used one - otherwise I just did a peek on the 'Bay and you're looking at $220-ish on a new one (although given the support and whatnot, I'd go with one of the sponsors even if it's a few extra bucks, they're good guys to have in your pocket, especially with these older carts)

(in the meantime until you get a new one, if it's not too grabby or weird, I'd just run it, keep an eye on the belt for undue wear though or you'll be spending another $30 for one of those)
Old 08-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #26
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

I know this thing was a project but man it sucks Haha at least it runs lol I'm gonna spend time replacing all the cables and installing the lift and wheels and tires. Then comes the camo wrap and custom back seat flip flop and maybe a front rack.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

PM me on the front rack - I have a brand new sporting clays basket, black powdercoat, and I don't know if I'm gonna use it yet...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well been working on my accelerator cable and something is wrong. The throttle isn't shutting all the way and its not running very well. Why does the spring on the carb counter act the spring on the govenors arm? How does this whole system work. I'm frustrated with this thing right now.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #29
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Found a clutch for a 98'. From what I have read the 89 - 93 2 stroke and the 91 - up 4 strokes used the same clutch. Is this correct? Also can anyone help me out with my throttle issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO