lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
91EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Won't even click...

I have a 91 EZGO with the 2 cycle in it. I haven't used it in a little over a year but decided to try to start it the other day. I charged the battery good, and then all it would do is click in the solenoid. My uncle and I decided it must have been a bad solenoid since all the grounds were clean and all connections were in the correct places. I went to the local farm/home store and bought a new solenoid that nearly matched the old one, and made sure I correctly put all the wires back on it. After hooking it up, now the thing won't even click. We brushed off the main ground and even replaced the positive battery cable. We also cut the end off the starter cable, stripped it, and put on a new fitting because the insulation on it was melted a little. Still wouldn't do anything. Thinking back though, I remember sometimes the cart would try to "idle" even after I stopped so do I need a new microswitch by the throttle cable? Would this be the cause of it not even turning over? I really would appreciate not having to haul it to the local golf cart shop and paying for overpriced labor. Thanks in advance for replies.
91EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Won't even click...

The solenoid will need to be a constant duty device not a car starter solenoid, if it is for an auto it will fail very soon but will work for the purposes of fault finding. You are going to need a voltmeter to fix this thing so if you already have one connect it across the two small terminals on the solenoid, turn on the key and press the throttle. What do you see?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
91EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm getting 12v all the way to where the starter cable meets the starter
Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
smullins94
Not Yet Wild

you should be able to check the 12v power coming from micro switch at the selenoid just trace the wire up from the black box in front of muffler under driver seat. Check the ground on the frame if you have not done that.
smullins94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
91EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im getting 12 volts on the large solenoid posts and zero on the small ones. Now what?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO