lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
chadw
Not Yet Wild

Default What year is it???

Is there a way to tell the difference between an 88 or an 89 from exterior pics of the cart? Owner says 89.. Any way to be sure from pics before I go 2 hours to look at it. It looks to be in great shape with a new 6" jakes lift but he ran out of money before getting new wheels and tires...says it runs great,but is a little loud as the previous owner removed the muffler baffles..any way to quit it down without paying the crazy price for a new muffler? Thanks
chadw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What year is it???

88 has a vertical muffler on drivers side and the crankshaft runs front to back, 89 has a horizontal muffler under seat and the crankshaft runs across the cart ...

And as to the muffler, not really - and you're gonna be FAR better off with the factory backpressure restored IE a new correct muffler (unless the previous owner messed with the carb, drilled the jets, etc too in order to try and compensate for the baffle-free muffler, then you may be looking at a mess to straighten out)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
chadw
Not Yet Wild

Dangit...sold it before i got there....anyone know of an older gas ezgo in Illinos for sale..looking for one to make into a hunting buggy...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I don't know where in IL you are, but Milwaukee CL has a few low $ EZGO's, there's an 88 that needs bearings and seals (not tooo bad of a job) for $450, also there's an 89 up in Campbellsport for $250 that runs but needs a driven clutch (about $225)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
chadw
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I don't know where in IL you are, but Milwaukee CL has a few low $ EZGO's, there's an 88 that needs bearings and seals (not tooo bad of a job) for $450, also there's an 89 up in Campbellsport for $250 that runs but needs a driven clutch (about $225)

Thanks..i am in east central right on the indiana border center state..Chicago area is about 3 hours from me..anyone hear of anything a cpl hours from me give me a hollar...im looking...
Old 08-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Samurai
Not Yet Wild

Check your other thread, I might have something for you.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I live in Decatur and have a 89 that has a rusted frame and I'm keeping the plastic cowl off the front. My brother was suppose to pay me for it but hasn't yet and I'm tired of waiting, $300
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO