lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
jcevans
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Fuel problem

I need your Help! I have a 1984 Ez-Go 244 cc 2 cycle. My problem is the carburator flooding, gas running out the overflo tube. The neddle valve checks OK it is neopreme tiped. Fuel pump pressure is 6 lb , what should it be. This happend some time ago and I removed the carboretor and lowered the float level a fraction then it run OK for awhile. What should the fuel pump pressure be ? Any help will be appreciated. JC E vans
jcevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
jcevans
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel problem

I'm looking for a carburator for a EZ-GO gas 244 cc 1984 2cycle. If you have one for sale please let me know. Or if you have a nedel valve and seat let me know.
J C Evans
jcevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 11:23 AM   #3
Len1515
Not Yet Wild

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix?
Len1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 09:34 PM   #4
farmerpjh
Not Yet Wild

I know this is old post, but if it helps someone... this is what I did to fix the flooding on my '84 with A 2PG. Original mikuni had worn throttle shaft so it was replaced with a Chinese carb. Fuel leaked out the overflow with the original fuel pump and with a new fuel pump. Adjusted the float level several times to no avail. Ended up putting an electric pump on it. it put out 3.7 PSI at the carb, which was still too much. So I put a switch on the pump and would turn the switch on for about 10 seconds every two minutes. Ran it like that for a half year. Today I put a hose barb tee in the fuel line and a hose barb ball valve in a bypass line going back to the tank. so almost all the fuel and pressure goes back to the tank except a little bit comes out of the tee and goes to the carburetor. Now pressure to the carb measures .6-.8 psi. Set the ball valve with a digital pressure regulator. Cart runs great and no flooding.
farmerpjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO