lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
brewistmonk
Not Yet Wild

Default new shoes and hub wont go back on

Greetings,

I have recently joined the ranks of golf cart owner, 87 marathon. needed new brakes so I put a new pair of shoes on today.

I loosened the adjuster screw as far as it would go and also loosened the brake cables underneath. I cannot get the hubs on unless I bang it with a 5 pound hammer. the wheels were so tight that they would not turn freely. after giving some gas and spinning the tires they were smoking and extremely hot. I have to take the hubs off and start over. the new brake pads seem to be to large but the are exactly like the ones I took of, only not worn out, just scraped and damaged due to wedging on the hubs.

Does anyone else have extreme difficulty in getting the hubs back on after putting in new brake pads? any tips?

thanks to all.
brewistmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: new shoes and hub wont go back on

Hummm. sounds like you did the process correctly by loosening everything. Unless they gave you the wrong ones, I can't think of what else to check unless there was something else inside the drums not lining up and putting it in a bind.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
brewistmonk
Not Yet Wild

I ended up grinding down the shoes slightly and the drum slid over easy.
brewistmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Years ago we used to reline brake shoes. The last process was " arching " the shoes. This was just making a radius cut on the lining so the entire surface of the shoe contacted the drum. Maybe this step was forgotten on your set!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake shoes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO