lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 Workhorse 2 cycle NO TORQUE?????

Look at the pulley that is connected to the rear axle. The belt should be sitting close to the outside edge of it (maybe 1/4" below the outer edge) when the cart is stopped. That pulley will open up as you build speed if there is little load.

If that pulley sticks in the open position, then you will have no low end torque but will still have good top speed.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

if your measurements are correct, my friend, YOU have one seriously SHOT belt. Even going back to a slightly shorter than stock belt - or stock - will likely make a big difference ... Let me know how it pans out for Ya!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
Southern Comfort
Not Yet Wild

I haven't gotten a chance to put it on yet, will in the morning. The guy I purchased the cart from is a pretty straight forward guy, he's a firefighter and builds carts on his days off. He buys ugly carts for $700 does the batteries, new paint, beds, etc and flips them. Will post update tomorrow around noon EST. I bought my 1990 ez go workhorse with a camo wrap, dump bed, 6" jakes lift, and 22" all terrain tires for $1800, can't complain too much( you get what you pay for). I know there's guys here with MUCH severe issues, thanks fellas for your help.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO