lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
milabu69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default driven clutch cover rubbing

I have an 86 marathon with the 2pg. I just replaced the driven clutch cover that pushes on the governor linkage. Now the cover is rubbbing on the metal cover over the engine. I was wondering if maybe a worn engine mount would let the motor move to much and cause the rubbing? And how many engine mounts are there?
milabu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: driven clutch cover rubbing

Been there and done the EXACT same thing - to the point where I actually rubbed right through the clutch cover, severing the top from the rest of it, LOL (don't ask) - and YES, it was the bad engine mounts in my cart that caused it.

The engine mounts (there are 3 of them, one at each side of the rear of the cradle by the axle and one in the front) are a breeze to swap with a small floor jack (or another set of hands to hold the cradle up during the swap) and a right-angle drill to get the old rivets out ... A bit more involved (read: pain in the A$$) if you try and do it alone with a standard drill (the trick here is to use a slightly larger bit and come in at the rivet heads at an angle, then pray they don't start spinning right away or you'll be forcing things and swearing like a sailor in NO time)

The mounts are right around $11 each, give or take - best to pop for and swap all 3 while You're at it, you definitely will eliminate the rubbing but You'll also feel the difference while driving the cart
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have a 79 marathon gasser and i have 4 motor mounts in mine. i pulled my motor all the way out. i used a 3/16" drill bit. it wasnt too bad of a job.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
jd hauler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: driven clutch cover rubbing

I pulled my whole t bar for the motor mount, plus I used my engine crane, a little more involved than I thought, but easy and straightforward to go, cheap enough, makes the cart run like new!!
jd hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO