lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas - Anyone running Zero Ethanol?

Is it more healthy for the engine to use a product like StaBil on a regular basis? I use it in everything else.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I run zero E 93 octane in all the toys. Diesel in the big truck and the cheapest I can find for the little truck. It doesn't run right on the good stuff, go figure. In my recent adventures with the briggs vanny I saw where is said the rubber or whatever tipped float valve needles would not stand up to E fuel. Thinking that is what killed the one in there..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #13
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it dont hurt the 2 strokes runnin 100 octane? i used to have to run 103 racing fuel some call it,in my jeep as it was a high compresion motor..the fumes were so bad im glad i got a different jeep back then..
im going to get some no ethanol gas tonight for the cart
you recon a lil 103 octane will hurt the 2 stroke
when i was younger the 100 octane was call high test! my dirt bikes loved the high test too!
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The best thing you can do,is run additives like Marine-Stabil(Blue,the regular Red doesn't work well with ethanol),Star-Tron(Awesome stuff,actually runs different with it)or Lucas Fuel-Treatment.I try to run it every tank in stuff like the cart,my mower gets it every other tank,since I run it down when I mow.Check your plugs on a 2-stroke on Hi-Test(over 100 especially,It could lean it out quite a bit in some cases).
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Here in Virginia, most of the pumps here in the valley sell no e gas. They keep it here for "tractor" use. Since the station 1/2 mile away carries it, I haven't used ethanol tainted fuel in anything! Alway's keep 10 gallons on hand for the golf cart, lawn mower, atv's, everything! I'd run it in my truck, except at .15 cents more a gallon, can't afford it all the time.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
Blowerman
Not Yet Wild

The higher octane fuels have a slower burn rate. 2 strokes and high winders like a faster burn rate which keeps more of the BTU's for the power stroke rather than in the exhaust which you get with oxygenated fuels like E-xx's. The camp fuels are a white gas which I mentioned earlier have a fast burn rate without the corrosive ethanol blend and will last a long time (years).
One of my hobbies are remote controlled boats powered by 26cc 2stokes spinning almost 20000 RPM and 6+ HP. I played with different fuels for years and found the white gas to be consistent and not distort the rubber in the walbro carburetors.
I know some of you think I'm nuts but more octane doesn't mean more bang. It's how you apply the different types of bang you get from different fuels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Blowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my plug burns perfect so i think i will stick to the regular 93 octane citgo when not ethanol free..going to get ethanol free in a few minutes for the cart and see if it runs a lil better this weekend

btw,ive never seen or heard of "blue"stabil lol..everything ive seen is red..my dad is a seafoam guy,,im a lucas guy since forever..i had 2 semi trucks yrs back and when i used a gallon of lucas fuel treatment it got a couple hundred more miles to a 200 gal tank of fuel iirc,,was amazing difference in economy

btw;new long travel on the marathon was a good thing,,never rode better..out rides my truck now
Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowerman View Post
The higher octane fuels have a slower burn rate. 2 strokes and high winders like a faster burn rate which keeps more of the BTU's for the power stroke rather than in the exhaust which you get with oxygenated fuels like E-xx's. The camp fuels are a white gas which I mentioned earlier have a fast burn rate without the corrosive ethanol blend and will last a long time (years).
One of my hobbies are remote controlled boats powered by 26cc 2stokes spinning almost 20000 RPM and 6+ HP. I played with different fuels for years and found the white gas to be consistent and not distort the rubber in the walbro carburetors.
I know some of you think I'm nuts but more octane doesn't mean more bang. It's how you apply the different types of bang you get from different fuels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I remember when " white gas " was sold at the pump just for lawn mowers and outboards. It was the cheapest stuff you could get! It was like 16¢ when regular leaded was 29¢! Funny how times change. Now it costs you more when something isn't added to the fuel!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
bheston
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
my plug burns perfect so i think i will stick to the regular 93 octane citgo when not ethanol free..going to get ethanol free in a few minutes for the cart and see if it runs a lil better this weekend

btw,ive never seen or heard of "blue"stabil lol..everything ive seen is red..my dad is a seafoam guy,,im a lucas guy since forever..i had 2 semi trucks yrs back and when i used a gallon of lucas fuel treatment it got a couple hundred more miles to a 200 gal tank of fuel iirc,,was amazing difference in economy

btw;new long travel on the marathon was a good thing,,never rode better..out rides my truck now
The "blue" stabil is the ethanol treatment for marine use. I use it in both my Yamaha 4-stroke outboards. I actually had to replace the carb on my 2007 Yamaha 9.9 4-stoke outboard because of suspected ethanol damage. I'm now hooked on the ethanol treatment of stabil. I'll never put ethanol fuel in my boats unless I add stabil. Hmmm, maybe stabil has a lobbyist in Washington keeping ethanol in the fuel! I smell a conspiracy!
bheston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i will be lookin for the blue next trip to gander mountain
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha