lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #21
Blowerman
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention that you can remove the ethanol from fuel using water. it works well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Blowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas - Anyone running Zero Ethanol?

Back in the 60's, American--before it became Amoco--Super Premium was "lead free" white gas, and I think it was 103 octane. It had a different smell than regular gas.

Where can I find blue Stabil?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #23
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

since this thread i learned that most boating stores should carry the blue stabil,or gander mountain,bass pro,most marinas,sporting store maybe..i will be looking this weekend myself
went to get ethanol free last night and the store closed early for some reason so i had to settle for regular 93 octane citgo.
my fav gases btw are in this order;
citgo
amoco
texaco
as a kid we we going on vacation and dad stopped to get gas at a sunoco"nascar gas" and in a few miles the ole buick with 280,000 miles started acting up..i was 8 yrs old,,dad said that *** gas has water in it..went home and drained the tank and went to texaco and no problems afterwards..i still think sunoco is good gas but have not used it since that day 37 yrs ago funny how memories print in ones mind sometimes..
dad was a mechanic then and the ole buick was still runnin around up till 10 yrs ago and had over 500,000 miles on the original motor"66 skylark"
im a gm fan too
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #24
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowerman View Post
I forgot to mention that you can remove the ethanol from fuel using water. it works well.

How do you do this? Sounds like a plan!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #25
Blowerman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
How do you do this? Sounds like a plan!
Alcohol absorbs water. Basically you splash some water to the fuel and mix briefly, allow it to settle and skim the gas ftom the top. The water and alcohol bind together and settle to the bottom quickly. (Water being heavier than the fuel). You have to do this quickly while the fuel is clear. If it becomes cloudy it's ruined.
Experiment in a mason jar so you can see the pattern.
I use shell 93 octane.

Blowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #26
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

finally filled the boat and cart with ethanol free..seems like the boat did better on gas this trip than before too..and the cart even seems like it may run a lil better,not sure yet,as i installed 5ft of shop vac hose to my air filter up top under the roof and now it wont run worth a darn like this..but ran fine with the same filter under the seat..i was trying to better the lil engine and did the opposite?
gonna restrict the air flow tomorrow to see if it helps..any suggestions fellas?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Your engine is just too small to pull enough vacuum to breath thru that long of a pipe.Honestly,think about it.At what point would you consider too deep to be in?If the filter is at the top of the seat-back,it would be perfectly fine.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i only did this to keep the filter cleaner and have fresh cold air going to it at all times,as my motor gets hot after a few hrs and seems to run a lil worse then..i figured it could be all the hot air its getting so just trying to better it
i dont do mud holes at all unless there just mud puddles lol..but the dust ad dirt under the seat of these 2 strokes is filthy as heck and hard to keep clean when trail riding with it only..
pachanga,you think if i lowered it to top of the motor cover it will make a difference?
i will try this tomorrow
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

When I had the 2pg in mine,I ran the filter up just under the seat.I used a flatter version of what you have,it was an aftermarket Harley unit.I used the original Ez-Go hose,just swung it up,and connected the filter to it.I never had any problems with water,mud,or general running-issues.If you have a 2-stroke,what oil-mix are you running?If you run it hard,the original 128:1(1oz./gal.) is too lean,mix it 100:1(1oz./gal.).Much better for the engine in hard-run conditions.Give it a shot.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #30
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thank you you said 1 ounce per gallon on both ratios? i been running 1 ounce per gallon since i learned that here..i do run it hard on the trails and every time i add mixed gas i cringe thinking its just not enough oil in my old school mind..so i guess you meant run it 1 and a 1/2 ounces per gallon?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha