lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Another idea on brake lights ...

You could drill a hole in the pedal there and bolt a tab on, but having a welder I know how easy it is to use it lol.

Really cool mod thanks for sharing! Thinking I will have to do this soon to ride the roads here, and need to start shopping for rear lights.

Hey maybe you can sell the design to Pachanga and he can produce kits.....
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got a grand kid's birthday party this afternoon. But when I get home, I'll measure and draw a good template and post it up, so everybody doesn't have to go through the fit, grind, fit, cut, fit, drill, fit, etc. routine. I'll provide the metal thickness, and reasons, in addition to some things to think about when bending and installing.

My original sketch got modified here and there, and I ground a little to get a few things better, so the sketch is useless.

I thought about drilling and tapping a hole in the brake pedal, but decided that the welded tab doesn't have to be removed anyway. If it needs to go, it's no problem cutting and grinding it away with no damage to the brake pedal.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Nice setup! Have you given any thought to adding a second switch that opens up when the parking brake is set? That way the brake lights won't be on when it is set. I did that to my cart.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey!!!I've got enough on my plate Sho!!!Its' a nice clean setup,you could sell them pretty easily i'd bet.Make it a bolt-on,and people will beat your e-mail to death!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, I used 16 gauge metal stock. A small 6"X12" at Lowe's or Home Depot is fairly inexpensive. Might be able to get a smaller piece. The whole bracket plus the welded tab is only about 4" X 2". Not looking for any money (or more work). 16 gauge is plenty strong since there is very little pressure on any part to open and close the switch.

The jpg drawing below is what I did. The shaded area can probably be disposed, but I left it in case I needed to tack weld it to the brake housing for more rigidity. I left the piece stuck over the top of the ridge by the brake pedal (pic 2 above) to add some "pre-tension" to the bend, so that when I tightened down the quarter inch bolt, it keeps the switch position parallel to the brake hinge (or perpendicular to the welded tab).

HTH

Ogre

BTW, Marathon, a little more explanation, please. This setup closes the circuit to the brake lights when the brake pedal is pushed. Not sure what other switch I could place to turn the brake lights out without defeating the brake lights on when the brake pedal is depressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Switch Bracket.jpg (29.5 KB, 0 views)
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

The normally open brake light switch is fed from a normally closed switch. The normally closed switch opens when the parking brake is set. That way it kills power to the brake lights.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha