lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
Vector
Not Yet Wild

Question Newbie with a value question

Hello,

I am new to the forum and to buying a golf cart. I have more or less settled on a gas Yamaha, though I could be talked into another manufacturer if something else is considered more reliable and less maintenance.

My question is about values. I know if you wait 3-5 years with cars/trucks, you get the best value as most of the depreciation is absorbed by the original owner.
With that in mind, I was thinking of buying a used 2007-2011 gas Yamaha.

There is a 6 seater that is a 2007 that might fit the need I have.

The smallest one I could consider is a 4 seater with an roof that covers the rear passengers. To that end there is a 4 seater that is a 2011.

Both have light kits, nice tires/rims, and a few other extra features.
However I have no clue what even a ballpark figure would be for either one.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

`
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbie with a value question

Yamaha has some of the best warranties that i know of. 4 years and pretty much maintenace free for the most part. Just keep a clean air filter and fuel filter. Change fluids as needed and you should have many many years of service. The brakes will last you forever as well since they are sealed in the transaxle. Do you plan on lifting the cart or adding larger more aggresive tires? I have personally never owned anogher brand golf cart but have owned many yamaha atvs and rhinos is why im partial to yamaha. Never had any issues that werent self inflicted. I know of a dealer that has lots of 2011 2012 fleets carts that he sells at great prices. He adds the rear seat and extended roof to them per request. He has some basic fleet models with no extras with low usage from being a cart used up north for 3200$ still warranty on these as well. Doug at knightrides.com in alabama. He ships very cheap as well.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
Vector
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Newbie with a value question

Thanks for the reply, and I will certainly consider him for a possible purchase.

------------------------------------

In the mean time, these two carts I have been looking at are local in Florida, and I like to get a ballpark figure as to their worth.

I forgot to mention that both have the rear seat kits and the 6 seater is lifted.

So does anyone have ball park figures for;

2007 6 seater

2011 4 seater
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Never priced a 6 seat limo but the 2011 4 seat with lift and wheels are around 4800-5000$
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

$2500 = decent older machine, not too old, maybe 2000-2003, 4 seater w/extras

$3500 = newer used machine, 2005 and up, 4 seater with extras

$4000 and up = newer machines with low hours, or restored, 4 seater with extras

The rules are the same as with cars/trucks. Do your research, buy what you like, buy the best cart you can afford condition wise. If you buy from a reputable dealer, you will have someone who knows carts go through the machine and check it out, repair what's needed, and refurbish worn parts. I like the Yamaha's, but I've owned an Ezgo too. Club Cars are cool because they have aluminum frames. If well cared for, I'd buy any of the three if I thought it was what I needed/wanted and was a fair deal.

Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Carts hold value pretty well. Last I knew they were around $5K new for a stock cart with no added things. I would tell you to get as new a cart as you can budget for. Carts up to 10yr old at typically in good condition and not much to care for, but older you have the older it is. Its worth it to spend a little more and get a newer cart IMO as they are not much more than older ones. They don't devalue as fast as cars. Carts here still wanting 1200 for late 80s-early 90s carts, amazing, but people don't even know what year cart they are buying half the time. By then the suspension and steering are hammered, engine rebuilt or needing it soon, etc. I bought my 92 G9 in '99 for 850...given 850 was worth more then but the cart was a fresh trade off a golf course and never privately owned. Finally started burning oil 3yr ago and I put a clone in it, stock original engine that I took the governor off the minute after I bought it lol. I hit top speed of 28-30gps (on 22s) about every day I rode it which was typically weekends.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha