lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New voltage regulator and starter, battery voltage drops when running

I put in a new voltage regulator to see if that was my problem and have a spare if not. Now I have a new starter generator and a new voltage regulator in the cart.

I charged my battery. It was 13.11 and I drove it around went to 12.65 so rather than run around to see if it goes under 12.6 I thought I would put it in neutral and start it up and see what the voltage on the battery did. It went from 12.65 down to 11.8 - so I have a voltage drop when the starter generator is running.

I read about that in a post somewhere, but couldn't find it again anywhere to see what was wrong.

Update on testing:
11.8v off the starter on the A1 positive post and meter neg to negative battery post.

Voltage across the starter relay

Inline fuse in the picture in the same area ohms out

After testing things w the meter and unplugging the green and red wire plug, now the battery was 12.74v

With the green and red plugged in the voltage was 11.94 wot in nuetral

Unplugged battery voltage was 12.49v wot in neutral
Unplugged

Shouldn't I be getting 14v on the generator?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha