lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
poodlenme
Not Yet Wild

Post help with 96 yamaha 48v golf cart.

Hi folks, thanks for having me. I have a golf cart that was running on new years day. We bought a de-sulfurnator recently and installed it. Now, we have no lights, no motor nothing. Battery shows 80% charge, yet we get no power. Cart is 48 volt.
checked the terminal connections ok. Even disconnected the new desulfurnator from the circuit and still nothing.
Cant find a fuse box? Looked under the seat etc. Is there a computer on this/ i wouldnt think so cause of its age but dont know for sure. Could the voltage regulator cause the battery power not to get to the motor?

We have never owned a golf cart before and cant understand why its not working now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have 2 year old Trojan batteries that were ok the first of January and cart was running fine. Thanks.
poodlenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help with 96 yamaha 48v golf cart.

I am not familiar with the desulfanator. I know the theory, but why would you install one on 2 yr old batteries? What are your specific gravity and voltage readings? You indicated this thing has an electrical connection? Where and how did it get connected? There is a large fuse above the Charge plug under the seat.... do you have a voltmeter?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

The desulfater will run your batteries right down. i unhooked mine because i got tired of charging it every other day. Check your battery voltage.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
The desulfater will run your batteries right down. i unhooked mine because i got tired of charging it every other day. Check your battery voltage.
Jray, Can you elaborate on this? I think there are still alot of folks out there ready to buy this desulfanator type stuff ...... I don't think it is worth a darn?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

I flat out do not think they work, snake oil. I got talked into buying one from my local dealer just to keep our good relationship. When they aproached me about it i said they did not work from what i have read, another customer jumps in and says, o man i now have 4 balls floating in my hydrometer, so i says hell give me one. 75 bucks later. I tried it. Seemed to bring my batteries up a little at first, then they fell back then nothing. They are hooked to your main + and main-, they run your pack down quick.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doa electric cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post