lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default A New Type MCOR

Has anyone had any experience with the new heavy duty adjustable RTS MCOR being advertised...It is expensive but might be worth it if it lasts...
Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpWhpNkpapQ
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: A New Type MCOR

Interesting. I wonder what David from Revolution Golf Cars thinks of these?

In addition, would wonder if these would work with aftermarket controllers? Specifically Alltrax.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:50 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Interesting. I wonder what David from Revolution Golf Cars thinks of these?

In addition, would wonder if these would work with aftermarket controllers? Specifically Alltrax.
It's far more expensive than the MCOR4. I'm still partial to OEM parts whenever possible. I'm sure it's a good unit, I trust RHOX products, but I have no reason to stray from OEM at this time. The OEM version of the MCOR4 has proven to be pretty reliable. I think the aftermarket version has somewhat tainted it's reputation.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
fstop
Gone Wild

The adjustment on these - does it adjust the the micro-switch cut in / out point and the pot (voltage) together or is it just one of those?

I imagine it adjusts both together, which I guess would allow you to remove the slop at the first part of the go pedal travel before the micro-switch clicks in?

If there was a way to adjust the micro-switch in / out point so that it could correspond to a low voltage read by the controller (say .3-.4v maybe) then it seems you may be able to use more of the pedal travel to modulate controller motor control -vs- a narrower band of it.

I have a Navitas controller, which at least lets you program the micro switch in / out voltage point, which on the 2 MCOR4's I have is right at 1v, but there is also about 2 inches of physical pedal travel before the switch clicks in / out. In theory it would be nice to have .3v-5v range for a smoother throttle response instead of 1v-5v, but I'm not sure it would make much difference in actual use.

Didn't know these existed - thanks to OP for posting.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I emailed Wayne at Waynes Golf Carts...He has been using them for 2 yrs without any issues...They are about 200.00 for an mcor4 replacement which are around a hundred bucks for an oem version...You can get one for a DS for about 160.00 but you don't have to buy the conversion kit to a 4 that will cost more...If you have a Precedent pedal group 1 your stuck with a mcor2 for over 200.00 for an oem version..
I have put made in China and made in Mexico mcor's in a lot of carts..They all have their issues some last some don't and this one is probably made in China as well but might be worth a try if they get good reviews...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #6
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's far more expensive than the MCOR4. I'm still partial to OEM parts whenever possible. I'm sure it's a good unit, I trust RHOX products, but I have no reason to stray from OEM at this time. The OEM version of the MCOR4 has proven to be pretty reliable. I think the aftermarket version has somewhat tainted it's reputation.
Do you currently have Mcor1 to Mcor 4 conversion kit in Stock? 2011 DS, BTW? Thanks!
Johnny NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd contact David directly, Johnny; I don't think he reads every post on here so you may not hear back from him for a while this way.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny NH View Post
Do you currently have Mcor1 to Mcor 4 conversion kit in Stock? 2011 DS, BTW? Thanks!
Yes, we always have these in stock.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:18 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I'd contact David directly, Johnny; I don't think he reads every post on here so you may not hear back from him for a while this way.
Thanks. You're right. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to get online anymore.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:23 PM   #10
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Stupid ? but how do you know which pedal group it is?
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car