lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
fstop
Gone Wild

Default MCOR unit by Red Hawk / RTS

This unit has been discussed before and I was curious so here is my take on it after trying one out recently (link below), but wouldn't recommend it for use in an Onward (or probably a Precedent either).

What I found is that while the unit appears to be good quality, and the pot in it seems to return a very steady voltage back to the controller, mechanically it does not allow a full travel of the pot once the unit is installed.

The result is that the go pedal pushed all the way to the floor only allows about a 3/4 travel of the actual pot in the unit (and shows around 2.8v or so at the controller). There is more travel left on the unit itself, but the pedal bottoms out on the firewall first. On the bench, actuating all the way with a screwdriver, the pot returns the expected ~4.5v.

The other issue is that the throttle switch doesn't click on or off until the travel is about 1/2 way through the motion. The MCOR4 (OEM) units I have activate at about 1/4 way through, which isn't great IMO, and one reason I wanted to try one of these. These are worse not better if you are looking for pedal precision.

There is a small amount of adjustment on the unit which can vary the voltage returned to the controller by a very small amount one way or the other, but the micro switch cut in / cut out point is unchanged.

This unit is also intended for use in other carts (with different wiring adapters and mounting brackets available) where the mechanical pedal assembly is different (as I understand it) and the travel problem may not be a problem in those cases, but the microswitch actuation point still probably could be.

I was assuming this would be an MCOR that was somewhat tunable (switch cut in and voltage) but it isn't (at least in my use case), and really isn't even a usable replacement for a regular OEM MCOR4 (IMO, anyway).

Bear in mind I'm particular and was looking for a very refined solution - this will "work" in the sense that the cart will go when you press the pedal down, but not sure why someone would pay 2x -vs- the OEM cost of an MCOR4 which IMO will work better. The pot in this could last longer than the MCOR4s do - that is possible - but it really doesn't matter considering the other issues it has.

http://www.golfcart.com/pc_product_d...7ADC181850D752
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR unit by Red Hawk / RTS

I was also looking at the RTS but after reading David Hicks reason not to buy the RTS I purchased the OEM MCOR. After reading your post I think I made the right decision. Keep up the good work enjoy all your posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
I was also looking at the RTS but after reading David Hicks reason not to buy the RTS I purchased the OEM MCOR. After reading your post I think I made the right decision. Keep up the good work enjoy all your posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Great folks here to share info with - always nice to be able to contribute something. And yes - David Hicks is the Man on all things Club Car.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Thanks for the real world review. I definitely agree that the OEM MCOR4 is the way to go.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car