lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2021, 08:18 PM   #11
SV1
Getting Wild

Default Re: Precedent dead until charger wakes it up?

My vote is with Fairtax. Not just because he has amazed me with his knowledge in the threads but he just answered a question I have had for over 10 years with my cart. My 05 Precedent is at my weekend place, sits for a week off the charger and has operated exactly as he described since I’ve had it. Put it in reverse, step on the peddle and nothing. Lift up and step back down, everything is good for the rest of the weekend. I have looked for bad connections, possible dirt/dust/grass. You might want to wait and see and how things go before changing parts.
SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2021, 08:45 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent dead until charger wakes it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV1 View Post
My vote is with Fairtax. Not just because he has amazed me with his knowledge in the threads but he just answered a question I have had for over 10 years with my cart. My 05 Precedent is at my weekend place, sits for a week off the charger and has operated exactly as he described since I’ve had it. Put it in reverse, step on the peddle and nothing. Lift up and step back down, everything is good for the rest of the weekend. I have looked for bad connections, possible dirt/dust/grass. You might want to wait and see and how things go before changing parts.
Agreed.

It goes into “sleep” mode off the charger to preserve battery life. Pumping the go pedal a couple times wakes it up and you can drive. Cars do the same exact thing, next time you park your car leave the door open and walk away. About 20 minutes come back and everything will be shut off. Close and open the door and the lights will come back on and everything will wake up.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car