lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #1
tommy.d
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1994 Club Car controller/resister coil question

Hey Everyone, Im fairly new to the golf cart world. I had a DS about 10 years ago and it had multiple solenoids with the connected resister coils. Today I got a 1994 DS and the guy i got it from may have got me good. The batteries on the cart are from 2012 (im going to replace them) but the car still moves just about 5mph MAYBE. I asked why there was only one solenoid and no resister coils and he told me this model didnt have that. Before i just blindly buy batteries can some clear it up for me? Is my cart supposed to have all that? here are some pics of whats going on. Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_2385 2.pdf (2.85 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_2386.pdf (2.50 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_2389.pdf (3.37 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_2391.pdf (3.54 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_2392.pdf (3.32 MB, 0 views)
tommy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2021, 11:30 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Club Car controller/resister coil question

That’s got a curtis controller, so no resistor coils or multiple solenoids. This is a much better setup than the resistor coil setup

I can’t say if he or someone retrofitted the controller setup in there and converted it from coils, or if that’s a factory setup. But the solid state controller is much much better than toaster coils and much more easily upgradeable.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
tommy.d
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you!
tommy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Does it still have the serial number under the dash on the right side?

Looks factory to me, but I'm no expert on the early 90s electric carts.
Definitely needs a new seat.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Does it still have the serial number under the dash on the right side?

Looks factory to me, but I'm no expert on the early 90s electric carts.
Definitely needs a new seat.
Kinda what I was thinking, I thought all the early 90’s were toasters. I just saw a 94 for sale last night for $1100 that’s 36v and has a controller. At least I’m assuming it’s got a controller, there’s definitely no coils or solenoids and doesn’t have a bunch of big fat wires coming out of the v-glide so assuming it’s factory.

I bought a flood cart a couple years ago for the body and roof, rest of it was trashed but the whole thing was $50. It was a 2002 or 2003 and 36v toaster, which I didn’t know were still being made that late.

Learn something new every day
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yeah I can’t remember what year exactly they started using solid state controllers on the early carts but I’m pretty sure it was in the early 90’s.
And yes, they still made some toaster coil carts into the early 00’s before they finally switched everything over to solid state.
I do know the earliest Sepex carts from club car started coming on the market around 94, but that means there were likely some tester models out at least a couple years before that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:53 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Solid state came out in 1993 and was used through 1994, these were 36 volt carts.

In 1995 the 36 volt carts went back to a resistor coil setup with a Vglide and 1 solenoid, this system was used on 36 volt carts until 2003 or 2004 when 36 volt carts were discontinued.

48 volt carts came out in 1995. The early 1995, 48 volt carts used the same Vglide as the 93-94 carts. Later 95 and through 96 the 48 volt carts used a potentiometer under the cart for a throttle.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car