lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
eVoLuTiOn EZ
Not Yet Wild

Default Honda EVO 24hp Jetting

I did a search b4 postig this thread with no results for my motor.
Does any one know where the purchase a larger jet for my honda 24hp motor on my EZGO.
I just bought strech plastics exhaust and intake and it did not come with a new jet or any info on jetting the carb after these mods???
I called strech and e-mailed with no answer
Can i just drill out the old jet and if so what size drill bit should i use?
BTW the enging sounds like a harley now!!!! Awesome
Thanks for the help.
eVoLuTiOn EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
tbolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Honda EVO 24hp Jetting

Be careful!!! these Hondas run extreemly fat from the mfg. They do that to keep them safe for warranty reasons. I have a stainless pipe and run it in the desert at 100+ degrees with no detonation even at 5000 rpm. It's fat enough that it struggles up north at 7000 ft so I run 91 oct with some 104 added. Just my $.02 worth.

Glen
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
eVoLuTiOn EZ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
Be careful!!! these Hondas run extreemly fat from the mfg. They do that to keep them safe for warranty reasons. I have a stainless pipe and run it in the desert at 100+ degrees with no detonation even at 5000 rpm. It's fat enough that it struggles up north at 7000 ft so I run 91 oct with some 104 added. Just my $.02 worth.

Glen
Thanks

That what i needed to know.
Last thing i wanted is to put a pipe and intake on then blow it up because its too lean.
Im going to run it hard for a few secconds then shut it down and check the plugs just to be on the safe side.
Nice cart BTW
Old 12-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
tbolt
Gone Wild

Thanks,I have been running mine for 2 years. The pipe is black inside and have the orig plugs. I have never taken them out to look at them. As long as the pipe stays black it's not lean. If it aint broke, well you know. If it blows, a stronger one will go in it's place but I've had no trouble. I realize the Briggs is a stronger engine with more aftermarket parts but mine will go places I don't need to be and 40 mph is plenty fast. If I need speed I'll get out the Fairlane and blast it for awhile. Good luck.

Glen

You can get jets if you decide you need them. Check with some small engine shops. You'll have better luck there than a Honda dealer. Remember that the GX670 came with 3 different carbs dependent on when it was mfg. So take the model # of your carb with you.
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Leave the carb alone - You'll be glad you did!!!
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
eVoLuTiOn EZ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Leave the carb alone - You'll be glad you did!!!
my whole goal is to leave it alone, i just did not want the motor to lean out due to the extra air now going into the motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!