lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Buy Old EZGO 3-wheeler

I can pick this cart up for $50.00, but she doesn't know what year it is. She just knows it needs batteries but it does have a charger. What do yall think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3wheel.jpg (11.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 3wheel2.png (5.0 KB, 0 views)
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Buy Old EZGO 3-wheeler

DO IT!!!

In some of the parts off the cart alone there's $50! That doesn't even account for the charger!! My 3 Wheeler's a little newer, but that one looks late 70s to early 80s. These are FUN little carts, and that one's even got a roof! (Can you tell I'd jump on this if it was closer to me?) Let us know if you go pick it up, I won't even call the cops on you even though at that price you'll be stealing it!!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yeah I was gonna anyways. Just needed some ammo for when the wife says it's more junk.

I picked up my gasser for $200 and it took me less than $20 to get her running and folks were wanting to buy it before I got it off of the trailer. I dont think you can go wrong picking up these old units for cheap, but I never had an electric model before.

Thanks for the info 93!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
oneguy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd get it in a heartbeat. The charger alone is worth $50. Could be cheaper to convert it to a gas with a harbor freight elec start horizontal shaft motor, torque converter/clutch and a couple other little items. Wish there was one in my general area on the chap like that to fix up.
oneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

For sure get it...
Yep, the charger is worth at least that...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

A little more info...

Should you purchase this cart, (Yes, you should!) There will be guys who tell you to ditch the coils and go with a solid state system, which is all well and good, but remember you're dealing with an OLD, 3 WHEELED cart, not the safest thing to be going fast in. Especially since, no offense to any EZGO guys - and I can say this because I've had a couple EZGOs and still have one, EZGO brakes tend to be less than stellar. I would inspect all the wiring and make sure it looks like the diagram for the cart, then make sure the coils are good and put some batteries in it and hook 'er up and see what happens. Even if the battery trays are thin, you'll be able to justify fixing them with new metal because of the price of the cart. Speed you will not have, maybe 12 or 13 MPH. Torque, however, is a different story if it is anything like mine - expect it to be able to lay rubber for a short distance on a hard surface. These carts rarely fail, but when they do it is very easily diagnosed and fixed.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well, I dun did it! Picked it up today and it's not in too bad of shape. I think it's an 82 model, 36v? Its my first electric cart so I'm flying blind here. I can weld up some battery trays easy. Got 3 chargers in pieces so i doubt I can get any of them to work. Got 3 12v batteries with it. Not sure if I can use 12v at all but I am sure they are no good anyways. i think I'm still ok at $50, if the thing runs like she said it does with batteries.Took some pics. What yall think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2682.jpg (250.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2683.jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2684.jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2677.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2676.jpg (109.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Couple more pics of the other stuff...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2685.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2678.jpg (270.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

looks like a neat project...that thing is worth more than $50 scrap so either way you did good.

Several years ago I sold my 3 wheeled cart but I had originally bought it because I thought they were neat. The turning radius is really good on them. Just fun little carts. I think mine was newer because your motor setup was different than mine.

I have noticed in the past few weeks that there have been a few 3 wheeled carts on ebay selling for 900-over 1,000 a piece. You could make this thing in to a nice cart with some work.

Those look like some really old chargers. Who knows though, put them up individually on ebay. Maybe somebody wants them for cheap and you can use the money to put towards a good used charger for the cart.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Save those batteries. You'll need them for cores when you buy new ones.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO