lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #11
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where did you mount your Alltrax FN1 switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Ok - so I mounted on dash. LOVE this thing - Scotty is right, you want access to it -would have been silly to hide it.

The difference in ride is a huge benefit - I can turn it down for the wife to drive - put it on 60% to play golf today and really liked the smoother ride out there - got on road on way home and back to 100% on street

If you've got a 48400 or 500 get this add on - totally worth it
Dela, very nice! I'm not golfing now, but will again in a couple of years. I wasn't thinking how it would be helpful on the course too. Glad your digging it.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #12
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So the FNx will work on ANY DCS cart with an Alltrax controller?
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
So the FNx will work on ANY DCS cart with an Alltrax controller?
The control must be new version XCT with the J4,5,6 port
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #14
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The control must be new version XCT with the J4,5,6 port
ummmm, is that what I just ordered from you?
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #15
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

I want to mount mine in the dash of my precedent but the cable is to short. I called alltrax and they are making me an extension and sending it out for free. Great customer service.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
I want to mount mine in the dash of my precedent but the cable is to short. I called alltrax and they are making me an extension and sending it out for free. Great customer service.
That is great customer service, and good to know that's an option. Mine barely reached (2001 txt) and I was curious how it would work in other carts.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #17
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

With a Series cart and adding the Alltrax SR 48500, can the hidden “kiddie” personality switch be added while still using the FN1 speed control knob? From the looks of the software it looks like it might be an either/or situation. I’m wondering if it would be possible to add a switch inline with the FN1 so that the default is kiddie/normal mode, then when the switch it turned on the FN1 allows speed controlling. Sorry if this is really basic, I’m just trying to plan out my upgrade.
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ccds-custom View Post
With a Series cart and adding the Alltrax SR 48500, can the hidden “kiddie” personality switch be added while still using the FN1 speed control knob? From the looks of the software it looks like it might be an either/or situation. I’m wondering if it would be possible to add a switch inline with the FN1 so that the default is kiddie/normal mode, then when the switch it turned on the FN1 allows speed controlling. Sorry if this is really basic, I’m just trying to plan out my upgrade.
So your question is can you use the FN1 speed dial and the personality switch?
1st note both of these things use the same input terminal and the controller has to be programmed for one or the other.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:34 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you adjust your ranges so the minimum setting in each range is the "kiddie" mode, You just need a switch to disconnect one of the wires from the FN1 potentiometer.

I think the Alltrax will default to minimum in the absence of a FN1 resistance reading, if for some reason the SR works differently than the XCT, You would need a SPDT switch and a small resistor to accomplish the task.

It should be very easy to check it, just unplug the FN1 and see how the monitor shows the values and/or drive the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #20
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
So your question is can you use the FN1 speed dial and the personality switch?
1st note both of these things use the same input terminal and the controller has to be programmed for one or the other.
I read that they use the same input, and that the SR choices were either a switch or the speed controller FN1 box. It sounds like with the SR if I do a just a switch I'm limited to 2 personalities to toggle between but with the other XCT models (Regen and Mode) there are three options: N, 1 or 2. But I was wondering if I could set the SR speed controller for one analog user input but then add a switch to disable it and have it default to a base personality to create two options? So according to the software I'm not using the personality "digital" switch it just sees that the FN1 analog input is disconnected, but it sort of behaves like a personality switch with the FN1 as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If you adjust your ranges so the minimum setting in each range is the "kiddie" mode, You just need a switch to disconnect one of the wires from the FN1 potentiometer.

I think the Alltrax will default to minimum in the absence of a FN1 resistance reading, if for some reason the SR works differently than the XCT, You would need a SPDT switch and a small resistor to accomplish the task.

It should be very easy to check it, just unplug the FN1 and see how the monitor shows the values and/or drive the cart.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. So "off position" the SPDT switch would disable the ability to adjust the FN1 and drop me down to the minimum (street mode / kiddie mode). Then "on position" on the switch it would allow me to use the FN1 adjustable setting.

So instead of N|1|2 with adjustable settings for each, my SR setup would have a switch to run and "N equivalent" state in the off position set to minimum speed and acceleration and when I turn on the switch the FN1 adds the ability to increase speed and acceleration.
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO