lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV won't move

Yea, if the cart owner keeps running a HD or defective coil motor brake long enough, it will short out the motor brake FET, which will keep the motor brake powered any time the key is on. I have replaced the motor brake FET and restored function to controllers with that error condition locked. It is not any easy repair because the motor brake FET is surface mounted to a through-the-board heat sink pad that prevents it from being heated enough to be removed. It must be removed by destroying it (milling machine) while being careful not to damage the PC board.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #22
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

Not trying to thread hog, but saw the post on the FET. I hope that isn't my issue. Been trying to resolve on my own through research on the forum and the tons of help here. humbly appreciated.
2012 RXV with curtis, all stock that I know of. Was going up steep, long hill and brake just came on a brief second causing tire screech, then off a sec or so, then brake locked up. Here is what I've done, so thinking maybe a brake replacement needed?
1. checked fuses, okay
2. switched 1,2,3,4 and brake releases per directions.
3. 52ohm at the brake
nctourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctourer View Post
Not trying to thread hog, but saw the post on the FET. I hope that isn't my issue. Been trying to resolve on my own through research on the forum and the tons of help here. humbly appreciated.
2012 RXV with curtis, all stock that I know of. Was going up steep, long hill and brake just came on a brief second causing tire screech, then off a sec or so, then brake locked up. Here is what I've done, so thinking maybe a brake replacement needed?
1. checked fuses, okay
2. switched 1,2,3,4 and brake releases per directions.
3. 52ohm at the brake
The brake coil should be about 26.5 ohms, 25 to 28 ohms is the normal range. Make sure that you buy an OEM motor brake.

Just measuring can still miss something...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #24
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

Sorry Bob, rechecked the numbers. Not sure where my mind was on that last post.

Checked by the trouble shoot guide. I have 49V at the brake circuit and 26.6 ohm at the brake coil. Just one click after key on at solenoid, no brake test. Tried pulling up brake pedal when turning on key. Brake does release for a sec, then on. Aux release does release brake to roll around.
thanks again,
Old 06-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #25
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The last time my brake locked up it was the solenoid. The brake would release for a second, when I flipped the run/tow switch then lock again. It would release using the plug swapping procedure under the controller cover. I had a spare solenoid and it fixed the problem.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #26
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
The last time my brake locked up it was the solenoid. The brake would release for a second, when I flipped the run/tow switch then lock again. It would release using the plug swapping procedure under the controller cover. I had a spare solenoid and it fixed the problem.
No change with new OEM brake. Our situation sounds similar. Guess I'll try the solenoid. Thanks for input, mgilland
Old 06-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #27
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

Ordered a new solenoid, but not sure if it will work with my 2012 rxv.

currently have Trombetta 684-3681-012-14 36V/cont

received a Trombetta 684-3641-012-28 that is supposed to be oem according to the ad. They don't appear to mount the same. Is the one I have on there the wrong one maybe, or did I receive the wrong part? Thanks ahead of time for help.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #28
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The Danaher rxv used a version of the trombetta that was mounted in a vertical orientation, the Curtis rxv had one in the horizontal configuration. The vertical one won't properly fit the Curtis rxv, for two reasons, 1, the bus bar from the solenoid to the controller can't reach the vertical solenoid. 2, the controller cover won't fit back in place, and if that's not important to you, you must have lots of money to replace your controller when acid gets it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

Thank you cgtech. Very helpful! It was advertised for a curtis.

After re-reading your post, I thought maybe I misunderstood you. The one on the cart now may be the one that is incorrect. The bolts are pointing vertical. This is a pic of the new one I just received that appears should be mounted horizontally.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5433(1).JPG (125.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #30
nctourer
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE: I have my cart back running. Solenoid appears to have been the problem. Posting in case it helps someone else.

thanks for replies and guidance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO