lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #11
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT micro switch ITS or key switch problems

Also, just testing the rocker switch. none of the three wires on the back of the rocker have voltage between each other or against the neg post of battery pack. with key on or off.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Also, just testing the rocker switch. none of the three wires on the back of the rocker have voltage between each other or against the neg post of battery pack. with key on or off.
The center post is where switch power is fed in... may require the pedal to be depressed ? Depends upon how it is wired but yeah ~ with no power to this switch the R/C will not be activated and the cart will not go
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #13
somfas
Gone Wild

I just saw the rest of your prior post. Trying to work on it and read the post out in the garage messed me up. Anyway, I didn't have the key on or pedal pressed before when I tested between M- and B- on the controller. There is full pack voltage when I do that. Very sorry, please hang in there with me. Didn't realize I should have done that. The controller LED is green, but never turns orange. Pack voltage (between B- and M-) does not drop as I press the pedal all the way down.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #14
somfas
Gone Wild

The toggle switch has power to the center wire when the pedal is pressed. Neither of the other wires show voltage though when the switch is not in neutral
Old 04-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The toggle switch has power to the center wire when the pedal is pressed. Neither of the other wires show voltage though when the switch is not in neutral
Then the switch has failed catastrophically
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #16
somfas
Gone Wild

No continuity between any of the three wires (prongs) coming off the back of the rocker switch (toggle switch)
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #17
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks so much! Is it safe to jump it (the rocker) just to confirm?
Old 04-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #18
somfas
Gone Wild

Pulled the switch, cleaned it, put it all back together. Rocker switch is working, cart still wont go. May have been bad test on rocker and it was fine the whole time
Old 04-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #19
somfas
Gone Wild

ITS sensor has 9.5 volts and 5.4 volts when pedal is first engaged and when it is pressed to the floor. Get the same reading at the ITS and at the black and white wires on the controller. Based on earlier posts on here I am led to believe its a throttle issue or controller issue. throttle seems okay? controller led flashes 4 times and does not turn orange when pedal is pressed all the way. The cart has been running fine prior to this. Has a professional build with all quality parts. No abuse to the cart and no reason to think anything would go bad out of the ordinary.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I just saw the rest of your prior post. Trying to work on it and read the post out in the garage messed me up. Anyway, I didn't have the key on or pedal pressed before when I tested between M- and B- on the controller. There is full pack voltage when I do that. Very sorry, please hang in there with me. Didn't realize I should have done that. The controller LED is green, but never turns orange. Pack voltage (between B- and M-) does not drop as I press the pedal all the way down.
Okay, full pack voltage between B- and M- when pedal is pushed just far enough to make main solenoid and F/R solenoids click, but voltage between B- and M- does not decrease to zero when pedal is pushed to floor. That narrows it down to throttle or controller.

The voltage between the Black and White wires attached to the controller is 9.5V when solenoid clicks and decreases to 5.4V when pedal is on floor. Those voltages are a little off, but the fact the decrease is almost in the normal range (4.0V is the spec, you get 4.1V) and indicates the ITS sensor is functioning, which points to the controller being bad.

There is the possibility that the voltage that powers the controller, and is also used to power the ITS throttle circuit, is lower than needed. Check the voltage on the red wire attached to the controller when the pedal is pushed. Should be the same as the battery pack voltage. If it is the same, the controller is sick.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO