lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 TXT ITS issue?

Hello, so have been dealing with the same issue for awhile. The cart would go slow then fast. I replaced a lot of parts including the ITS and still had the same issue so I decided to upgrade the controller and installed a Alltrax XCT500. Well the install went well but I still have an issue. The controller is blinking 4-green which is ezgo ITS. I get 6.91v when checking black to white in the ITS box and I get 11.10 when going from white to B-.

Any ideas on what may be the issue? Is it possible the new ITS I bought is bad also? I am stuck on what to look at next.

Thank you,
mmari712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT ITS issue? Need Help

Hello -
There is a 4 pin plug in the harness between the pedal box and the controller. This connection is a notorious place for corrosion to interfere with throttle signal quality. Clean the plug and retry or simply eliminate the plug with some solder and heat shrink
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Hello -
There is a 4 pin plug in the harness between the pedal box and the controller. This connection is a notorious place for corrosion to interfere with throttle signal quality. Clean the plug and retry or simply eliminate the plug with some solder and heat shrink

Scotty, thank again for the help. I only see one cable which runs directly from the controller to the ITS Box. I don't see any connectors in the middle. I did a continuity test on each end of the cable and its rang out ok. Should I replace the cable? I already replaced the ITS and Micro switch.

Best regards,
Old 04-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone have any more ideas?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT ITS issue?

Double check the cable between the pedal box for a connector or a splice. Just because the wires continuity is good from pedal box to controller will not always reveal problems this cable will cause. Normally there is a small connector involved between the ITS and controller but sometimes the connector has been eliminated with a poorly made splice taped in a bundle with corrosion causing leakage between the conductors.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Double check the cable between the pedal box for a connector or a splice. Just because the wires continuity is good from pedal box to controller will not always reveal problems this cable will cause. Normally there is a small connector involved between the ITS and controller but sometimes the connector has been eliminated with a poorly made splice taped in a bundle with corrosion causing leakage between the conductors.

I ordered a new cable to go from the controller to the ITS. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

When I picked up the cart it was snowing and I test drove about 10 times and everything was fine. I brought it home put it in the garage and about a week or two later I went to take it out for a ride and this whole issue started.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmari712 View Post
I ordered a new cable to go from the controller to the ITS. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

When I picked up the cart it was snowing and I test drove about 10 times and everything was fine. I brought it home put it in the garage and about a week or two later I went to take it out for a ride and this whole issue started.
Could be a speed sensor issue. Connect a laptop to the controller and disable the speed sensor and see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #8
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Could be a speed sensor issue. Connect a laptop to the controller and disable the speed sensor and see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I will try that. I did replace the speed sensor when I put the new controller this past weekend.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #9
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good morning, So last nigh I replaced the ITS again as I noticed that the first one I bought was a knock off with a lot of Chinese writing on the bottom. The cart now will go forward and reverse but is still slow. The controller no longer has the code for the ITS but I did notice that once you push the pedal to the floor the green LED starts to flash red.

Does anyone know what this means? I didn't see anything in the book.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #10
mmari712
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Some install pic's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic #1.jpg (381.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic #2.jpg (311.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO