lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Looking for advice on how to power radio memory

Looking for advice here...

2010 RXV running on 4 12 volt Trojan 1275 (I think) batteries.

I have the 48 volt to 12 volt converter that runs lights, horn, turn signal, etc. Because the Converter shuts off when the key is turned off, the radio Memory circuit is connected to battery 4 in the chain.

The plastic battery tray has become brittle and I was considering going the 6, 8 volt battery route, until I remembered the radio memory.

Has anyone with an 8 volt battery cart figured out a way to power a 12 volt radio memory?

I’m thinking I have space on the driver side of the cart to set a small 12 volt battery, but how would I recharge it?

Or should I abandon the idea of going to 8 volt batteries and just replace the current battery tray with another 12 volt?

FYI when I note the current tray is brittle, tightening the hold downs just crumbles plastic.
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2018, 04:17 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for advice on how to power radio memory

Get a DC Converter. The DPI dc converter offers "key on" 12v and "always on" 12v.. the benefit of a dc converter is that it draws power equally from all batteries. Powering lights and 12v stuff from one battery alone is bad- here's why- the charger gives power to all batteries with no regard to which one is lowest, this we can't change. Accessories that take from only one battery makes that battery eventually suffer because it is now going to be lower than the others. The charger can't fix/help that battery. That one will fail first. The OEMs finally figured that out too, probably too many warranty claims on that same battery every time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #3
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Carts Unlimited has 12V reducer that has an output specifically for radio memory (#3 Blue reducer).
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the EZGO dc to dc converter on the cart.

I’ll look at your suggestions on the after market converters.

I know to connect to the solenoid and not the key.

Thanks
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
LMFD20HD
Not Yet Wild

Try hooking the memory to one battery and see if it works. I had a cigarette lighter plug that had a 9 volt battery connection on it to work on my trucks. I would plug that into the 12v socket and disconnect the batteries and it would save my presets while I worked.
LMFD20HD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO