lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #11
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT vs RXV

No Bob is talking about the Curtis programmer.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #12
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Is there a special version of that one? Ours is 'Dealer' access (EZ tells us it's not legal or something to get more than that, Pretty sure that's a lie) and the most it gives me is the ability to change profiles, monitor inputs/voltages, and change the contrast of the handheld LCD and see software versions...
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #13
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It takes an Curtis OEM programmer. The Dealer programmer is not worth having. If you look on the net you can pick one up.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Our RXV Programmer (I'm guessing you mean the one for the Danahar Controller not the Curtis?) It asks for a four digit password when you try to use parameters (which, conveniently, EZGO won't tell us)

We just stuff some paper towel into the buzzer and use electrical tape, or even hide it somewhere the sun won't shine after using some wire extensions. seems to work.
Well the E-Z-GO handset is not a programmer, it is a diagnostic handset. But to answer your question, as for disabling the beeper, that is with the Curtis controller. The Danaher controller on the early RXVs is pretty limited in its capabilities,compared to the Curtis controller that replaced it.

I don't know what level (user/service/dealer/OEM, ect) RXV handset you have for the Danaher RXVs. Mine does not require the entry of any passwords for anything. It can access parameters, and enable Freedom modes 1 and 2 from the controllers menu. It's not an RXV handset, it's a generic OEM Danaher Motion Systems handset, supplied by FSIP. Just use the RXV CANbus (E-Z-GO) handset cable with it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #15
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Curtis 1311 Programmer for our Curtis brethren (works on Precedents, DS IQ, and TXT 48 among the electric RXV after 2011) and all it has is the ability to change speed profiles (we have a pass key to unlock the 5th one), monitor inputs/voltage/hours, change contrast of the display, and the handheld software and various bits. There is sometimes the omission of the Program menu entirely (on Club Cars) and there's one menu for 'speed mode' on Club Cars that also goes to a PIN entry.

The other one is the EZGO RXV handheld for the Danahar controllers, cost us $750 and allows us to go to 19.5 MPH, and see diagnostic info both realtime and static, and upgrade software (leery of that one since it killed one of our cart controllers, said Comm Error and then No Connection! and cart died after that) but the menu to get the 'good stuff' (not sure if it is labeled Parameters or Options since I've not used it lately) asks for a four-digit password. claims to have 5 tries, but i'm afraid of brute forcing it and rendering it inoperable.

We tried to get something better than 'Access: Dealer' for our 1311 but EZ GO stonewalls us and says that's not allowed.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

At my local sporting clays range, I have unfettered access to TXT48s, 2008-2012 RXV (Danaher), and 2012.5-2018 RXV (Curtis).

In 100% stock, fleet form the Danaher have it all over both the TXTs and the Curtis RXVs. HOWEVER, the Curtis controller is amazing when you have someone that can hack the controller - EZGO has really really added TONS of nannies to the OEM programming to make the Curtis controller lawyer friendly. However the Curtis controller should be capable of handling up to 96 volts, and will deliver 235a across three phases which is a hair more than 700 amps!! (And will make a RXV pull a wheelie on pavement!)

While on this subject, I picked up a 2012 (Danaher) RXV for 400 bucks. It had a blown steering rack, shot bushings, one hub is toast, missing the motor brake, missing the burn off controller, controller and bracket, and the charging port was torn apart. I replaced everything sans the controller - and instead of the Danaher controller, I installed a Navitas 600 amp controller. I LOVE the controller - way way way more power than stock programming, and a top speed of between 25 and 29 mph (pending charge) with no other mods.

In retrospect I probably should have converted to a Curtis controller and had our local guru here hack it which likely would have been cheaper and had better performance....

Just some thoughts from someone who has already tinkered with my RXV a lot. :)
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Sadly the only time anyone 'tinkers' with RXVs around here I have to replace all the bits they fried in the process!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #18
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

In years to come youll see a bunch of RXVs that's no ones going to fix.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We're still getting the ones with handle brakes and the tiny hardwired solenoid! Weren't those recalled long ago?!

Customers try to save themselves money for service and almost always end up costing more $$$ from their attempt at repair, and you can't tell them anything since they 'have been a mechanic since 1963!' and apparently know everything.

Top 3 Fails:

1. Attempt to tap into 48V at key switch to get some custom digital voltmeter installed = fried 5V logic in controller

2. Driving with low voltage until it quits and eats brake

3. Pushing dead cart in RUN (try asking about Run/Tow and get a 'whaaa?!' in response)
Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #20
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We're still getting the ones with handle brakes and the tiny hardwired solenoid! Weren't those recalled long ago?!

I’m already there! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO