lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #11
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: You won't believe...TXT has mind of it's own, Need diagnosis!

AXE
Sougentlmn0140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Heavy Duty Solenoid is less than 6 months old.....Alltrax Controller is 1.5 years old......
Old 06-10-2018, 02:25 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here are two wiring diagrams. I use the first. I've never even looked at the second one.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sougentlmn0140 View Post
Heavy Duty Solenoid is less than 6 months old.....Alltrax Controller is 1.5 years old......
What is the battery pack voltage?
What is the voltage at Pin-1 on the controller when the solenoid clicks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #15
Sideways
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sougentlmn0140 View Post
My Alltrax sr48400 was flashing the pre charge error code. Solenoid was clicking but cart would not move forward or reverse.
Issue was brand new MZJ400 solenoid failed after about 6 months.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #16
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I have never even see one Alltrax of any make send out any red error flashes myself. Even 'bad' ones flash however many times to indicate which throttle type and go solid green, and amber to indicate HPD, but never ever have flashed red in my 10 years working with carts.

I only discover they're bad when the service manual (just adjust whatever differences in procedure for Curtis apply to Alltrax, and compare that against the Alltrax Mini Manual) says to suspect it.

The last one that lit up like it was good to go I found out was bad out of curiosity. I pulled the black rubber 'cap' (it said NPX but I figured they 'hid' a way to reprogram it somehow under that cap, at least that was a theory I was testing :) ) and saw all burnt components.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
I have never even see one Alltrax of any make send out any red error flashes myself. Even 'bad' ones flash however many times to indicate which throttle type and go solid green, and amber to indicate HPD, but never ever have flashed red in my 10 years working with carts.

I only discover they're bad when the service manual (just adjust whatever differences in procedure for Curtis apply to Alltrax, and compare that against the Alltrax Mini Manual) says to suspect it.

The last one that lit up like it was good to go I found out was bad out of curiosity. I pulled the black rubber 'cap' (it said NPX but I figured they 'hid' a way to reprogram it somehow under that cap, at least that was a theory I was testing :) ) and saw all burnt components.
LED going from green to amber means WOT has been detected. With some Alltrax models steady amber means WOT without current limiting and flashing amber means with current limiting.

HPD is High Pedal Disable. If pedal does not return to the full upright position, the cart won't go, if that feature has been selected in the programming. Basically, it is to prevent cart from surprising the driver by taking off with a partially depressed pedal instead of starting at zero throttle.

The trick with the error codes is figuring out what actually makes the controller think there is an error. The precharge failure error occurs when a couple of compared voltages aren't within a specific range when they are supposed to be. One thing to remember is that the people that wrote the suggested possible faults were tech-writers rather than technicians.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #18
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks for correction, I meant WOT. Sorry
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #19
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What is the battery pack voltage?
What is the voltage at Pin-1 on the controller when the solenoid clicks?
How would I check the voltage on Pin-1? Switch my power meter to Volts, then Put the Red pointer on P-1 and Black on Negative somewhere?? That Correct??
Old 06-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Correct. Unless otherwise noted, all measurements use the pack negative for reference. In other words, place your black DMM/DVM negative lead there. Since the AXE uses spade connectors, pin 1 should be no problem.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO