lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #11
ayoung
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What will high speed gears do to my 2012 RXV??

I welcome you to come by and if I am not here ask some of the others to show you theirs. Thanks
ayoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2018, 02:17 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Best of luck, keep a lawyer on retainer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I think what he is failing to grasp is that such speeds are POSSIBLE, for FLAT LAND only, where carts do not have to climb or descend steep grades! That is not TYPICAL for most of the carting world. A speedy flatland cart would have to be pushed up an average overpass or even driveway in many other areas. Braking on a regen-brakes only cart like an RXV geared that way would be almost non-existent. Try driving down a 9 degree downhill grade with no other brakes than regen, and see how long you can stay on the road. Brakes not only need to be able to slow you down, they must be capable of stopping you from speed when everyone ahead of you slams on the brakes for some reason. Where I live, we drive on roads that we share with automobiles, and we have to be able go up mountain passes that some non-EV autos have difficulty with, overheat, and must pull over to cool down. If I had designed EVs for flat terrain only, my clients would have dropped me like a hot potato and gone elsewhere. The E-Z-GO specification for golf carts requires them to be capable of navigating grades of up to 14 degrees. I've had to drive up ramps and driveways much steeper than that.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #14
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

OP, I think I'd take advice from those with trusted track records on this forum who have helped many members for YEARS like cgtech and Bob. They won't steer you wrong.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
ayoung
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well Bob can say what he wants but I no what my golf cart will do. I have brakes at any speed and will slide the tires. I will admit if I was going to go up ramps to put my cart in the back of my truck on level ground it would go if I had enough speed but then I would not get stopped before I hit the back of my truck but I have a bank at my house and put the ramps there and works just fine. I ride in my yard and carry 4 people and go up hills just fine. I don't no why it works but it does. I just came back from the Bi Lo grocery store and Hit 42 MPH but admit it was a slight down hill grade. Happy with my cart and proud of it.
ayoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoung View Post
Well Bob can say what he wants but I no what my golf cart will do. I have brakes at any speed and will slide the tires. I will admit if I was going to go up ramps to put my cart in the back of my truck on level ground it would go if I had enough speed but then I would not get stopped before I hit the back of my truck but I have a bank at my house and put the ramps there and works just fine. I ride in my yard and carry 4 people and go up hills just fine. I don't no why it works but it does. I just came back from the Bi Lo grocery store and Hit 42 MPH but admit it was a slight down hill grade. Happy with my cart and proud of it.
That's all that counts. It performs like you want it to. I'm not knocking your cart, I'm just trying to get you to understand that what works for you in your location is good for you. It won't work where me and many others live because of the steep hills and mountains. The guy you bought the cart from probably turned your controller up to full power.

I do the same thing for other people, to increase their speed and hill climbing capability. I've programmed several RXVs for guys on this forum that go over 30 MPH without changing the rear end gears. I'm building a RXV chassis based road car that will exceed 45 MPH without changing rear end gears. It'll still be able to climb hills and handle mountain passes, but it will not be using a stock RXV controller. It also has front disc brakes, for safety sake.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #17
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoung View Post
I have no idea who Bob Boyce is and do not care. I bought this golf cart in Fl. and it came from Ind. and I took it to NC and I go to N. Myrtle Beach a lot. I am a 76 Year old male and I no how fast my cart will run regardless of what he says. I put the high speed gears in it myself and when I bought it the person I got it from turned it up with his computer. It still has the regen on it because I have a volt meter on it and when I slow down you can see the volts go up and if you put on brakes it will go up as much as 55 volts depending on how fast you are going, I love my cart and have had no trouble with it what so ever. As I said before their are 3 or 4 others that will run 40 to 41 MPH and we all have the same gears and tires on our carts.
7 post total and you want to be a snot to BobBoyce, pooh on you. So, just in case you don't know this, no one here on BGW cares who you are.....BACK OFF BOB
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #18
randyjordan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just want to add to coments about gearing and speed of RXV's. I am one of six that have RXV's that run 40mph or faster in the Myrtle Beach area. To defend Bob mine will not pull a 10% grade unless you had a good running start.
to add to that anyone that would continually run 40 mph is a **** fool, its just available if needed. I have known Alvin for many years and think he just took exception in Bob's first comments and certainly meant no harm. Yes you can make them run 40mph or faster with 14" wheels 8to1 gears and auto radial tires with controller reprogrammed. Very dangerous and only for flat land, hope this ends this conversation and back to BGW...Thanks Randy//
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjordan View Post
Just want to add to coments about gearing and speed of RXV's. I am one of six that have RXV's that run 40mph or faster in the Myrtle Beach area. To defend Bob mine will not pull a 10% grade unless you had a good running start.
to add to that anyone that would continually run 40 mph is a **** fool, its just available if needed. I have known Alvin for many years and think he just took exception in Bob's first comments and certainly meant no harm. Yes you can make them run 40mph or faster with 14" wheels 8to1 gears and auto radial tires with controller reprogrammed. Very dangerous and only for flat land, hope this ends this conversation and back to BGW...Thanks Randy//
Thank you Randy. I actually considered passing through while on my way to Florida a few days ago. I was going to be on the road long enough as it was, so I took I-95 south from Fayetteville. I figured Alvin took offense with the way I put what I said. I'm an engineer, not a politician. So I tend to put things more bluntly than others like. I really did mean no offense, and I was fine with what he said. I'm getting ready to head north once again, and get back to the mountains that I call home. I just don't feel right driving my car in flatland territory after getting used to living in the mountains. My daily driver is electric with an onboard generator. It struggles with the grades sometimes. I may have to park and wait while the pack charges up, during or after a long uphill grade, but it always pulls me through.

Bob
Old 07-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #20
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We put high speed gears in an electric RXV.

It's fast, but has ZERO torque now, it's like driving a straight shift car in 5th gear from a standstill, and we CAN'T SELL THE BLASTED THING!

It and a gas Club Car with high speed gears just sit on our lot garnering zero interest beyond a test drive making folks go 'WOW That's TOO FAST!'
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, ezgo, rxv, speed gears, speed upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO