lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Green accessory wiring issue

Hi everyone, I’m having a bit of an issue. I have a 2001 TXT upgraded to 48 volts and added a voltage reducer and wired it up. The issue I’m having is I’m not getting power from the green cable coming out of the key switch.

The cart runs fine when I “jump” the FR switch with an alligator clip to the batteries.

My key switch has the light switch built in. And I just replaced the state of charge with a new 48 volt version.

I have the green cable spliced in near the FR switch running to voltage reducer.

I cannot figure out what went wrong. Anyone have any ideas?
EzgoNewbie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Green accessory wiring issue

Since you aren't getting power coming out of the keyswitch, have you check to see if there is power going into keyswitch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT - KSI highlighted.jpg (252.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does the power going into the ignition switch come from the state of charge meter? The key switch has 4 plugs, three blue and one green with a piggy back going to the meter. The meter has three prongs. A positive, negative and one marked C. is that supposed the key switch?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
1.Does the power going into the ignition switch come from the state of charge meter?

2. The key switch has 4 plugs, three blue and one green with a piggy back going to the meter.

3. The meter has three prongs. A positive, negative and one marked C. is that supposed the key switch?
1. No. The cart will run with or without a state of charge meter.

2. Two of the blue wires ought to have white stripes on them. Those two wires are part of the 12V lighting circuit. Nothing to do with running cart. The solid blue wire comes from MS-2 on the F/R switch assembly.

3. The two wires on terminal marked positive and negative, go to the battery pack's main positive and negative terminal. The third wire goes to the terminal with the green wire on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyswitch wiring Series.JPG (92.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, that’s the diagram I have been looking for. So I’m guessing that the solid blue powers the ignition switch. When the key is turned, the green is powered and the cart come alive, one more turn and it turns on the headlights.

If I get no power at the blue, then the MS-2 is faulty, or the wire is faulty.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Figured it out. It was the Geer Switch at the charger. Ended up bypassing it and the cart moves. Win! Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO