lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
v2comp
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 series cart 36v its throttle

Ok, noob question here, but trying to safely pull this off. I read several "how to's" about checking the wiring on this cart and have come to this point. I have power throughout the throttle circuit, (Reed switch, F/R, KEY, and gas pedal.) The pack is charged and showing 36.3v.
When I press the gas pedal, there is no click from solenoid, so I placed alligator clipped jumper wires from small posts on solenoid to corresponding leads on volt meter. The red positive always has near pack voltage with the key on and selector in forward position when testing alone. 0 volts when pedal is not pushed, When pedal is pressed, I get voltage coming from solenoid across both small posts that reads 36v, but the solenoid still doesn't click. My noob question is, is there another signal/voltage that must come from the controller for the solenoid to engage or should the solenoid simply actuate when the pedal is pushed? I think I know the answer, but before I jump to the controller, I want to make sure the solenoid alone
needs replacing before I take the next step to the controller.
v2comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 series cart 36v its throttle

The controller has nothing to do with the solenoid activation on a series cart. Sounds like a bad solenoid to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
v2comp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, thought so.
v2comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

No problem. There are some good wiring diagrams in the stickies for this section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO