lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: HELP! My golf cart is making feel like a DUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
I installed everything, Double checked my wiring with the diagrams supplied and the wiring diagram (attached)... I ohmed out every wire and followed them from the connector back to there end point or start point. Every wire seems to be where its supposed to be. I do not hear the solenoid click.
Quote:
Pulled the 3 screws took it apart cit the little wire put an eyelet on it. Hook the pack back up measured from the Neg on the pack to the pos on the pack got 37.9 volts them measured from the neg on pack to the white wire/post now with my spliced wire on it still reading zero volts (was reading that before I I did the splice. Any more ideas?
Quote:
ooopss miss measured its getting late..... Yes got 37.9 volts at the charging ports but still no movement.
Quote:
I have traced every wire on this drawing verifying with a ohm meter. All are correct.

ANy more ides?
Quote:
found it bad crimp by someone before me on one wire thanks guys!
Bad info makes it hard for us to help. Don't be afraid to tell us if you don't know, but screaming IT IS RIGHT... what are we supposed to believe?

I always look at when folks joined, and you ain't no newbie, so...
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #22
Lvnspeed
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Cool . which wire was it for others to look for
The Black wire going to the charging port.
Lvnspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
Lvnspeed
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Bad info makes it hard for us to help. Don't be afraid to tell us if you don't know, but screaming IT IS RIGHT... what are we supposed to believe?

I always look at when folks joined, and you ain't no newbie, so...

SORRY! geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz I never screamed its right. It checked out on a ohm meter but when I tugged on it if fell apart. What can I tell you but as soon as I installed a new EYE-let on the black wire for the charging port all started working. I think the interlock thingy that I bypassed might have also been bad in the charging port too.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

No harm intended, just felt like a lot of folks were helping on a holiday weekend. Sorry if I was too harsh.

Glad you got it working.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The Black wire going to the charging port.
If that is the black 8Ga or 10Ga wire between battery pack and charging port, something is amiss.

Normally, the black wire connects the battery pack's main negative terminal to the charge receptacle's negative radsok (passenger side female connector), in which case it is not in any of the three circuit paths that apply voltages to Pins 6, 9 & 10 and the cart would run with that specific wire disconnected. (The battery wouldn't charge, but the cart would run.)

Perhaps the previous owner swapped the heavy black and white wires going to the charge receptacle, or you are referring to different wire.

Please post picture of which wire was bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think the interlock thingy that I bypassed might have also been bad in the charging port too.
You can still test that. Just do a continuity test on it. Then hold a magnet near it. It should be NC.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #27
Lvnspeed
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If that is the black 8Ga or 10Ga wire between battery pack and charging port, something is amiss.

Normally, the black wire connects the battery pack's main negative terminal to the charge receptacle's negative radsok (passenger side female connector), in which case it is not in any of the three circuit paths that apply voltages to Pins 6, 9 & 10 and the cart would run with that specific wire disconnected. (The battery wouldn't charge, but the cart would run.)

Perhaps the previous owner swapped the heavy black and white wires going to the charge receptacle, or you are referring to different wire.

Please post picture of which wire was bad.

Black is going to positive (longer) and white is going to Negative (shorter). Not sure why the Black connector in the charger port was the one that pulled out but it. Receripmped and all is good now just drove the cart 2 miles no issues.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Black is going to positive (longer) and white is going to Negative (shorter). Not sure why the Black connector in the charger port was the one that pulled out but it. Receripmped and all is good now just drove the cart 2 miles no issues.
So the black wire is pack positive, and connects to the reed switch bypass you put in?

That's the one thing that does make sense, though I'd fix it later. Black is almost always negative and in the case of buggies, white charger port wires are positive.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #29
Lvnspeed
Getting Wild

Yep I know that's what I thought was weird too

THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO