lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default rxv auto-brake problems

I got a friend who has a 2015 RXV that was under water during the hurricane in Florida last year. The cart had very few hours on it and before the water damage it looked new.
He cannot get the cart to move even after doing what he was told would solve the issue by local dealer. I forgot what he said exactly but they told him to remove something. Did not get it to move after doing what hey suggested.
Is this cart toast being it was under salt water for a few hours and is anything salvageable other than body parts ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv auto-brake problems

It's not toast but it will take some work. Go slow and ask a lot of questions.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It's going to need a replacement controller, keyswitch, and new encoders for throttle and brake at the very least. May need new throttle and brake switches. They are water resistant, not waterproof. The motor brake is likely locked up with rust. Hopefully the harness survived. The motor may also be rusted rotor to stator. Salt water corrodes a lot of things. I bought a 2Five that was submerged during a hurricane down south last year. Maybe the same hurricane. The 2Five is a road-legal version of the RXV. The list I gave is what I found is bad on the 2Five, plus batteries. I will be making a trip through the southeast, through FL and back, in about 2 weeks. I carry a spare controller and some parts for testing. We can pop that in there and use it to run diagnostics if you want.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:03 AM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob.

That's the info he is looking for. They cart was brought to Alabama by SIL. Will you be heading through central Al ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:19 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Thanks Bob.

That's the info he is looking for. They cart was brought to Alabama by SIL. Will you be heading through central Al ?
I likely won't have much choice. My stop in the FL panhandle will bring me through Alabama on my way back northeast.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO