lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

Default 72v conversion project, Need help and pointers

I have what was an Xtreme Green 72v Lithium electric SxS. The maching has lower hours but much of it is missing. If you are failar with a Yamaha Rhino the body and frame are a close clone. What is still on it is a 72v AC motor and transfer case for the 4wd. All the other electrical is gone along with batteries. Xtreme green closed not long ago so there is no option with going back with original. Its good they did because there customer service was horrible and didn't have support for their products. What I'm wanting to know is what is my best option to get this thing back up and going.
1. Assuming my motor is good what options do I have for getting a controller, batteries and charger to work with the current 72v ac motor that is on it?
2. If my motor is bad or if getting everything to make the current motor work is too expensive or not worth the trouble what direction should I go
3. If I go with a complete different setup; motor, batteries, controller, charger what should I get as far as volts, brand, etc?

Here are some pics of the current motor and setup with the transfer case. It is a good setup. The motor drives a transfer case that goes to the front and rear end. The front differential is similar to a Yamaha atv or Rhino. It has 4wd and differential lock. Even if I have to switch out motors all I would need is a coupling that would fit the transfer case splines and mount it to fit.

Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO