lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #21
foxbryan22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Watering System

Condement bottles work great also just mark what it's for don't want it ending up up the picnic table

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
foxbryan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2019, 11:59 PM   #22
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse34 View Post
Correct me if i’m wrong, but you’re suppose to fill the cell to just above the lead? Thanks
"Just above the lead" does not give you much fill margin to allow for water usage. The risk of filling "just above the lead" is that when water in the electrolyte gets used with evaporation and during the charging process, the top of the lead can get exposed which will shorten the life of the battery (or kill it depending on the exposure time and depth). It is best to follow the battery manufacturers recommendations on the proper fill level.

US Battery suggest to fill to 1/4" below the bottom of the fill well. See photo below:

US Battery - Fill Line.jpg

Trojan watering instructions are shown below:

Trojan Electrolyte Level.JPG

And I also use a squeeze bottle for filling battery cells:

Battery Waterer.jpg
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:29 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbryan22 View Post
Condement bottles work great also just mark what it's for don't want it ending up up the picnic table

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh, what if the invited guests were to be exposed to distilled water! What If they found an odd looking Powerade bottle with an odd straw out the top and decided that was their drink of choice. Buried somewhere deep in your garage (at the picnic table)...... It would likely be the horrors of distilled water. Darwinism at work here....

And if you want to fill your batteries to "just below the well", go ahead. Just know the mess will follow, and it won't add a bit to your range. If keeping regular eye isn't worth the "benefit offered" by keeping it fuller, so you can check it less often, go for it. Next question will be "why are my terminals so corroded", "why do my batteries have water on top", and "how do I fix my garage floor". Why do I suggest such crazy nonsense? Seen this **** too many times before! Like on a daily basis!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:08 AM   #24
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Oh, what if the invited guests were to be exposed to distilled water! What If they found an odd looking Powerade bottle with an odd straw out the top and decided that was their drink of choice. Buried somewhere deep in your garage (at the picnic table)...... It would likely be the horrors of distilled water. Darwinism at work here....

And if you want to fill your batteries to "just below the well", go ahead. Just know the mess will follow, and it won't add a bit to your range. If keeping regular eye isn't worth the "benefit offered" by keeping it fuller, so you can check it less often, go for it. Next question will be "why are my terminals so corroded", "why do my batteries have water on top", and "how do I fix my garage floor". Why do I suggest such crazy nonsense? Seen this **** too many times before! Like on a daily basis!

Good info. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redhorse34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:27 AM   #25
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Water isn't on at the campground yet, but people are starting to bring their carts out of winter storage. I'm hearing lots of "I didn't do what you told me to do". 10 so far with voltage too low to turn on the charger, 5 of them with all or nearly all cells with exposed plates.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 PM   #26
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What brand of batteries have you been having trouble with?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO