lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default F/R switch keeps failing

Can y’all recommend me a good F/R switch that will hold up? Since I relocated mine from the dash about a year ago I’ve had 3 switches fail. Is there something better out there that will hold up to moisture and humidity? Maybe a marine type switch? It’s in the location like a club cart by my leg. We had about 8” of rain over the weekend and the cart was under my carport but not totally covered. Thanks
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
envoy98
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: F/R switch keeps failing

Can you put some type of a water proof cover over the back of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
envoy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure. I would think it’s getting into the front of the switch I anything with the way it’s mounted. Here’s a pic
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I find it hard to believe they couldn't take rain and/or humidity. Surely golf carts experience golf games that were rained out. I would think most cart barns are not climate controlled, meaning they would be exposed to condensing environments, where high humidity mixed with dropping temps would cause condensation. I've been here for a while and don't remember ever reading about this problem. However, I would think buying a switch from a boat store would be more than adequate.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
Can y’all recommend me a good F/R switch that will hold up? Since I relocated mine from the dash about a year ago I’ve had 3 switches fail. Is there something better out there that will hold up to moisture and humidity? Maybe a marine type switch? It’s in the location like a club cart by my leg. We had about 8” of rain over the weekend and the cart was under my carport but not totally covered. Thanks
If you are using the CC F/R switch and housing, try installing the housing so the rocker switch faces down. That way the water has to travel up, against gravity, to get into switch.

If that doesn't solve the problem, install a marine grade toggle switch with boot on toggle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help. Yeah I kind of thought the same thing the weather affecting it. It’s been hot and dry here since Sunday afternoon and the switch must have dried out because it’s working again. Might see what happens next time we get a big rain just to confirm that’s what the problem is. I’ll probably address it then. Thanks guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO