lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #11
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Batteries drain quick

Reconditioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lazer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer08 View Post
Reconditioned

Thats just a code word for "well used", and a way for tricksters to get a little more $ from used batteries. They are either new, or used, there is no "in between", like "reconditioned to new".

If there were any "snake oil" tricks that actually works (and lasted any worthwhile amount of time), there would be threads all over this forum "touting just how great the trick fix was, and how long it lasted, how much money they saved, ect"... Try to find one, there are no threads like this.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Your going to need a battery hydrometer tester to check the specific gravity of each battery cell. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...SABEgL0Y_D_BwE

Hydrometer test are cheap and can be picked up at any local auto parts store. A hydrometer will tell you a lot about your battery's condition .
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #14
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

I will have to go pick one up, think I may take the batteries back tomorrow and just pay the difference for the new ones

Old 09-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #15
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will have to go pick one up, think I may take the batteries back tomorrow and just pay the difference for the new ones
Probably a wise move
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:31 AM   #16
Zincode
Getting Wild

[QUOTE=lazer08;1657357]Yes I’m using a Lester’s Sumit II charger, the cart is a 08 PDS. I ended up buying a set of recon batteries [emoji2357].

I have 4 carts with total of 26 batteries that have been used every week for 15 years. I am going to make a statement that I have proven many times over the past 15 years. BTW I have replaced all the batteries many times over: Recondition batteries are JUNK for golf cart use. NEVER once have I had any type of success with recondition gulf cart batteries. NEVER got any use out of them.
After many batteries I have settled on only Trojan brand batteries. NOTHING even comes close. Every single one of my cart batteries are Trojan and I ONLY buy them new and check the date codes. My source for the batteries is a big golf cart sales/repair shop. No other battery distributer can come close in price. A battery distributor may sell 2 or 3 sets a month. A good golf cart shop will more than likely sell 3 PALLETS of batteries a week, there by getting a much better price where hopefully they pass the savings on to the customer. My shop does.

You probably have other concerns with your cart. Do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and get a set of Trojans because there is no other source of power for your cart. Everything comes off them batteries.

DO NOT get the black batteries that Trojan distributors sell. Trojan owns the company that manufactures the black, think they are called powertron batteries but they are not Trojan batteries. They are a outsourced cheaper battery that Trojan offers to customers to save money but they ARE NOT Trojans....
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:33 AM   #17
rib33024

Quote:

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:59 AM   #18
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys so much

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO