lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Lola0927
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default wanting to add a bunch of electronics

hi everyone! my wife and i just got our cart a few weeks ago. i have added under glow LEDs and now I'm hooked on pimping out our cart. i have but not wired a Bazooka party bar, a 12" LED bar (for the front). I'm wanting to add:
1. a radio gauge
2. a GPS gauge
3. controller for the bazooka
4. 5 real small blue LEDs for mood light
5. LED color changing Kicker speakers
6. LED back up light
7. (4) zombie LEDs (they'll shine on the ground)(we have a lot copperheads west of fort worth TX)
8. 6 bank switch panel to individually control everything.

thinking this may a bit much for the 48v system, can i get a dedicated 12v battery and hook it all to it?

wiring scares the poop outta me, so i need help please.
thanks!
Lola0927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: wanting to add a bunch of electronics

You can either get a good voltage reducer from Scotty at cartsunlimited.net or you could add a separate 12 V battery like you mentioned. You would just have to charge it separately.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #3
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it’s a bit much for the pack... it’s definitely gonna be a bit much for a single 12V battery

I bet all that stuff you listed... mostly LEDs... won’t draw as much as you think
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I would definitely recommend a fuseblock with negative buss bar. Blue Sea makes a great one. With that many accessories you want to keep everything safe and organized. You can wire your reducer to the fuse block and then all the accessories to the fuse block.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
clnorris75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am in the midst of doing an electric overhaul and additions on my 2004 TXT. I got my voltage reducer from Scotty B and am adding the following:

1. Bazooka Partry Bar 24in
2. LED Underglow lighting
3. Front and Rear Lights
4. Overhead Fan
5. Rocker Switches to control Underglow, Lights, Fan, and Bazooka

I got the 25 Amp reducer and fuse and bus kit from Scotty. Read up on reducers and fuse boxes on the forums. Not that hard to learn and will save you tons of headaches in the long run when adding electrical components. Also, the reducer helps keeps your batteries balanced. Good luck!
clnorris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I run a separate battery for my 12v accessories. I have front/rear LED lights, radio, cigarette lighter/USB charger, blue ambient lighting and a 12" sub with an old school (idiotically large) amp. The amp sensitivity is turned down though, but I haven't had an issue.

The Blue Sea fuse block that Golf Cart Man recommended is a great option. DO NOT "ground" your electronics to the golf cart frame. The golf cart frame is not (and should not be) the negative ground. Run the positive and negative wires for each accessory to/from your fuse box.

Biggest issue with a second battery for 12v stuff is remembering to charge a second battery... Biggest issue with using a reducer is running a bunch of accessories will (somewhat) reduce your max distance. I chose a second battery source for my 12v, but you need to figure which works best for use.

Either way, get the Blue Sea fuse block and run your + and - wires to it and do not "ground" to the cart frame... Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #7
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

You should be fine with either a voltage reducer or a separate 12v.
I am an RV Technician, and we have all kinds of LED lighting, fans, a radio (some even with a couple Kicker amps hooked up), plus a few other things. Mostly hooked up on a single 12v.
Just no guarantee for how long.
But it should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO