lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
j_yott17
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 TXT Series stopped running

Hey guys,

Want to start of by saying i am definitely a noob when it comes to golf cart repair and troubleshooting. Purchases a used 2006 ezgo txt series model few months back and been slowly reading through posts to learn more about maintenance and stuff but have never had an issue.

Last night while playing course cart just stopped. Batteries are new and cart eventually started again and we made it home. Would this be a cause for bad solenoid? I heard click when pressing pedal, but main thing that got me was backup buzzer was loud until I pressed pedal and the sound would just die out. Don’t really know how we got it to move again, just kind of a last check before walking and it went. Checked all connections that I could think off and none were loose. Any thoughts of what could be? Probably going to take to shop, but thought I could at least attempt on my own first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j_yott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 TXT Series stopped running

well you gave the forum more to go in than most to start with....its a 2006 SERIES cart.

just to clarify one thing...you said you could hear the solenoid "CLICK" was that after it stopped running and you were attempting to GO and you could hear it CLICK each time you pressed on the "gas" but it just didn't go? is that correct?

and considering you have a electric cart now.....do you have a digital volt meter to use when troubleshooting? this would certainly help you, and if you don't have one...get yourself one, you can get a decent one for about $15 to $20 bucks.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
j_yott17
Not Yet Wild

Yes I do have a voltmeter. Been slowly learning all that electrical stuff. And yes, it does click when I press gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j_yott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Intermittent failures are next to impossible to troubleshoot since the failure has to be occurring when troubleshooting is being done. However, the symptoms may point in the general direction of the problem.

If the solenoid was clicking with the pedal being pushed when the cart would move then the problem was most likely in the circuit highlighted on the attached schematic.

However, the diminishing beeper volume means the voltage to it or the return path to B- is going away and both the beeper and solenoid coil are fed from the same voltage source, the reed switch, and have the same return path to B-.

The starting point would be to clean all connections, in both the heavy cables and the control wires.

The black wire from one of the solenoid's small terminal to the controller's B- terminal needs to be checked.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO