lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #21
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: brake light turn on %

well maybe someone will have a fix or bob will know how to reprogram the vehicle language of the controller?

dont really want to go fully street legal doing 35mph with no brake lights ha
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #22
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
His tail lights work fine as far as I know. BUT, he is doing the most efficient use of a rxv & letting the controller do the work (without need for "abrupt brake pedal applications"). I think he wants the rxv to signal brake lights when he is letting the cart "do its job" without his direct input on the brake pedal. I'm getting what he's saying, I think, but I'm not sure how to do what he wants, because rxv factory lights/controller expects at least a little brake pedal input to activate brake lamps. He wants rxv to activate brake lights whenever its "slowing down" , as opposed to only when he is actually touching the brake pedal. He is using it to its max potential & it doesnt do "brake lights" to indicate that. It's a totally new problem to me, but I get what he's asking for. This is a problem I could only wish for with the "average consumer" (understand how a rxv would prefer to slow down), but am not yet sure how to answer. I give OP credit, and ask if it it is "bob tuned"? This is how I drive every rxv ("tap" the brake, then decide if I "need more" after that).

Sorry Moon, if you aren't used to how rxv acts everyday, "you just dont understand". Its not like any cart you drive that uses "real brakes" at the wheels. Not talking ****, but it's totally different to get used to. (Like "tap" the pedal once before a stop, and it'll do the rest for you, no "constant pressure" needed/wanted) . Rxv brake pedal is "tap & let go" then it knows you want to slow down, it does it. "Press a little harder & let go" if you really gotta shed speed. Only "press & hold" if you were going too fast, only "mash the pedal" for emergency. All these steps are "bumped up by one factor" when you have high speed gears or huge tires. All that makes a stock rxv easy to drive with mostly "one pedal operation" , with just a tap on the brake pedal easy. I drive them "fork lift style" (me sitting on the dash looking backwards) , & "skateboard style" (no seat, just standing up) all the time. No other cart offers that easy control.
CG,
Does the cart need constant pressure / signal from the brake pedal fot the controller to keep the brake lights on? Or is tapping the pedal sufficient to signal the controller to activate the brake lights and keep them lit until the cart stops or the regen stops due to accelerating?

Just trying comprehend how the circuit is designed...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did a simple circuit a few years ago on my Club Car (similar to a TXT) when I had full time Regen brake and I also though it was not safe for the cart to slow down without pressing the brake pedal and without giving a visual indication.

I used the circuit below for many years until I upgraded to the Alltrax XCT controller and now I use a Regen assisted brake concept which eliminated the need for the circuit.

Maybe You guys more familiar with the RXV can design some simple like that to trigger on the conditions present during a Regen event on an RXV.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ake-light.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #24
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I did a simple circuit a few years ago on my Club Car (similar to a TXT) when I had full time Regen brake and I also though it was not safe for the cart to slow down without pressing the brake pedal and without giving a visual indication.

I used the circuit below for many years until I upgraded to the Alltrax XCT controller and now I use a Regen assisted brake concept which eliminated the need for the circuit.

Maybe You guys more familiar with the RXV can design some simple like that to trigger on the conditions present during a Regen event on an RXV.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ake-light.html
Not trying to hijack and get off topic of the RXV but I'm not familiar with the "XCT regen assisted brake concept" tying into the brake lights on a CC Prec.

This looks like another possible BGW jewel of information that I can use on my wife's cart.

Do you happen to have another link..? Lol

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #25
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
CG,
Does the cart need constant pressure / signal from the brake pedal fot the controller to keep the brake lights on? Or is tapping the pedal sufficient to signal the controller to activate the brake lights and keep them lit until the cart stops or the regen stops due to accelerating?

Just trying comprehend how the circuit is designed...

needs constant pressure, soon as you let off the brake pedal for the 2% applied in the controller light goes off
Old 01-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #26
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

going to 0% doesn't keep brake lights on just is less brake pedal travel to activate them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO