lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Customer cart

Customer cart is a TXT series. Put a SR 400amp 36 volt altrax controller in it back in August of last year. Cart has ran fine until this past weekend. I went over today and hooked the laptop up to it and got the 4 green lights and then solid green. Checked everything had no codes that I saw.
The cart want move at all. No statues light at all unless I hook the laptop to it.
I checked voltage and the small activation wires on the solenoid are working but the controller isn't powering up nothing. The solenoid makes no sound at all when I turn the key on and press the gas pedal but the voltage passes through the 2 small terminals according to my voltmeter anyway. I didn't check the white & black though form the ITS to the controller.???
But shouldn't the statues light come on from the Key switch being on & pedal being pressed?
I told them to bring it to the house and I would take a better look at it.
Any thoughts on what to look for?
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Customer cart

If there is power on b+ and b- as well as the + and - of J1 I would think that the controller has issues.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ITS micro switch? Molex connector between pedal box and controller? Pretty much check the activation circuit until you find out where you lose power.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here's a schematic with the KSI voltage path highlighted.

No shown on it is the in-line connector at the end of the gray cable from the pedal box.

There is a red wire from the solenoid coil to the controller's KSI (Red) jack that turns on the SR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT - KSI highlighted.jpg (252.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Customer cart

Ok they dropped the cart off today and here are some screen shots. If I hook the computer up it will flash 4 green over and over but never goes solid. If I disconnect the computer nothing. If I ground the solenoid to the battery pack it clicks with the gas pedal but nothing happens. I get 39+ on B+ .
Taking the black & white wires loose at the controller and I get all kinds of crazy voltage readings.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The SR is partially powered up by the +5V in the USB connection. Only the logic circuits are active, which includes Toolkit's monitoring screen.

When USB is connected, the LED repeatedly blinks which throttle type is selected - 4 flashes = EZGO ITS.

The monitor screen shows the Keyswitch Input is ON, so the is pack voltage on the KSI jack. Also shows a battery voltage that is above the set points, so B- is connected and B+ is connected, which means the SR ought to be powering up when pedal is pushed.

Contact Alltrax, they may have some more tests, but I suspect the SR is bad.

Added:
Doesn't need the ITS sensor to power up.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Customer cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The SR is partially powered up by the +5V in the USB connection. Only the logic circuits are active, which includes Toolkit's monitoring screen.

When USB is connected, the LED repeatedly blinks which throttle type is selected - 4 flashes = EZGO ITS.

The monitor screen shows the Keyswitch Input is ON, so the is pack voltage on the KSI jack. Also shows a battery voltage that is above the set points, so B- is connected and B+ is connected, which means the SR ought to be powering up when pedal is pushed.

Contact Alltrax, they may have some more tests, but I suspect the SR is bad.

Added:
Doesn't need the ITS sensor to power up.
Thanks JohnnieB.
I will be calling them in the morning.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Customer cart

I called and they are out of the office for 2 weeks!

I got e-mails from them though asking questions that I had already answered but...now I'm waiting on another e-mail reply. I'm pretty sure the controller has gone out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO