lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
Dylanlobey
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 EZGO TXT power train clarification

Hi guys,

I have a 1997 EZGO TXT that is having an issue. I added wheels, tires, lift, and new batteries amongst other cosmetic upgrades.

I checked to make sure I was get 36V out of the bank. The cart acts like the batteries are 99.9999% dead. Solenoid engages, Cart tires rotate maybe 1/20th then it stops.

I called out a technician and he connected his meter to the cart for 3 seconds and said it was the controller and “regulator board” and fried and it’s $575 to fix. He did not like my DIY lifestyle and would not offer any more info for my $100 service fee.

I know adding 24” tires and 6” lift to a 1997 EZGO that only (used to) go 12mph was probably not the best idea. But you guys, this cart has a new lease on life after the face lift. If I could get the dang thing to run, she could live out her golden years in peace on the beach.

Any advice on trouble shooting is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FED13471-865A-4F95-A578-0E61A643EB09.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)
Dylanlobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 97 EZGO TXT power train clarification

Need to know the drive system.. Shifter by your leg and what is behind it under the seat? Silver puck or arm that goes to another box under the passenger?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
Dylanlobey
Not Yet Wild

Shift by my legs with a rod that goes to the F/R switch
Old 04-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Series cart. Sounds like your solenoid may have died or the fnr switch. With the cart rear wheels off the ground jumper across the 2 big terminals of the solenoid and see if the wheels spin.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:57 PM   #5
Dylanlobey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I’ll test it tomorrow. Do you have any recommendations for improving the speed on a budget?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

On a series cart, "speed on a budget" isnt a thing. Sorry. Especially since you have big wheels & tires, you are are already "over taxing" what youve got now. You will soon have an "opportunity" to upgrade when the stock stuff dies.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 AM   #7
Sideways
Gone Wild

"36v out of the bank" = a near dead bank of batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Dylan...you have a nice looking cart....now for you to have your cart "live out her golden years in peace on the beach", and give you many years trouble free fun, you will need to upgrade your drive system by getting a new controller (500a or better), SD Solenoid, HD F&R Switch, 2ga. cables on all high current cables. and all of us here will highly recommend you can get all of those things as a kit or at least in one place and that is at CARTS UNLIMITED who happens the be a sponsor and has the best prices and the GREATEST customer service available ANYWHERE!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO