lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #11
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melted a battery post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Is that the positive one?? it don't look like it
Yea, it's the positive, but it's a moot point I suppose.
LSUgoTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I couldn’t find the write up but I have used a 5/16 stainless hanger bolt in the past. Drill a 1/4 diameter hole 1 inch deep in the flat spot next to the current stud and using 2 nuts thread the hanger bolt in. Be careful about the depth
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #13
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Why don't you go borrow or buy a 5/16 die and run it down on there? You can flip the die upside down once you do it the normal way and thread even further down the stud.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #14
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boyd View Post
Why don't you go borrow or buy a 5/16 die and run it down on there? You can flip the die upside down once you do it the normal way and thread even further down the stud.
This should work. You can also use a small 3 corner file to hit the worst spots then run the die over it.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #15
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Put a new stud in as suggested earlier. Was a pretty simple process. I was just nervous about doing it. Called my local cart shop/dealer, and they wouldn't touch it. Took all of 10 minutes.

Hopefully it lasts. Will be following up with a separate thread for reducer wiring question. These directions seem a little off from what I think it should be...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200508_201706.jpg (274.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:01 PM   #16
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice repair installing new stud👍
Depending on how much undamaged threads are left on stud. You can cut off damaged part of stud them screw on a thread extender.
It has 5/16” internal threads on one end,5/16” external threads on other end.

Probably still find themin the “help” section of autozone,advance auto stores as ford starter stud repair kit. Just an adapter used to replace broke off studs on ford
Starters
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We probably do the 'drill a hole and run a stud in there" fix dozens of times a season. You tell folks to keep the nuts tight but they don't....listen!!!

Just don't get the bit broke off in there you'll never get it back out. Also don't drill too deep or you'll be in for a surprise! Ever have a drill stuck in a battery after it shorts out and starts sizzling? I lost a DeWalt that way my first attempt at that repair.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #18
rib33024

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/batt...nal-repair.php
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #19
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So after the repair, took it out for a test drive. From a stop, flooring it didn't produce the usual torque. Was a very sluggish start. It would go, and still get up to full speed eventually. Tried tightening the new stud, but kinda felt like it was spinning a little too easily, and the bottom nut wasn't really seated all the way down touching the lead base.

Took the nuts off, added a washer and retightened.

That seemed to fix it, but seems to still want to have that sluggish start every once in a while.

Is that battery gonna be toast soon?
Old 05-13-2020, 10:24 PM   #20
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Still having a slight issue with the initial takeoff speed/torque after this battery repair.

It is intermittent, but the initial torque is normal and strong on takeoff, but after about a second, you can feel the cart back off the power a lot even with the accelerator floored, and just slowly gets up to full speed.

It never did this before the battery issue, so I'm pretty certain that is at the root of this.

Any issues with how I have the nuts/washer? Feels like it is an issue with that connection somehow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200513_214400.jpg (313.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO