lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #1
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default TXT 48 charger socket

Just replaced batteries in a 2010 TXT 48 and have a question about the wiring of the charger socket. The + and - feeds are perfectly clear, but the other feed has me uncertain. Inside that gray insulation are red & black wires, seem to be about 22 gauge into a rectangular cube of black plastic. Whatever terminal(s) that came off that have been completely eaten away by corrosion. I suspect they have to do with the LED status light on the charge socket, but I haven't found a wiring diagram yet that addresses them. Is it as simple as the red goes to pack + and the black to pack -? What was left inside the black plastic cube looked like just a single terminal came out, but if I connect both to the pack + The LED on the charge socket does come on, but the controller seems to lock out & not let the cart move. With both disconnected entirely the cart moves fine but status light doesn't seem to work.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: TXT 48 charger socket

That is a temp sensor that the charger is looking for. It normally connects to pack +. The two small wires in it are for the sensor itself. I will have to look around but I think you can put a 10k resistor across those and all is well. Does it charge and run with them disconnected?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes it does charge and run with them disconnected. With both connected to pack + it charged but would not move.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Right because it will mess with the charger port circuit. If it will charge and run with it off tape it up and run with it.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Right because it will mess with the charger port circuit. If it will charge and run with it off tape it up and run with it.
That's the direction I was leaning, but I hate to guess at things like this. In my search I've found many wiring diagrams (actually many reposts of the basically the same wiring diagram) but nothing that even shows the existence of these wires.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The little red and black wires are inside the grey sheath. Most people never see those. If you want to fix it you can buy just the sensor and wire it in. That said you can also buy the entire charge plug with wires for not too much more.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO