lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
sgfd619
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default To Lift or Not to Lift

So I picked up a new to me cart this past week. 2017 RXV with 20" tires and 10" wheels currently. My plans are to hunt out of it in the fall with my son and to ride around town during the spring and summer. My hangup is whether or not to lift it. I wouldn't mind the added clearance and bigger tires (probably 22" tires and 12" wheels) with when hunting season is here. The lift would be a MadJax 6" A-Arm lift. My hangup is stability with it being lifted because my kids drive it around the neighborhood too. What's your opinions?
sgfd619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #2
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: To Lift or Not to Lift

my Jakes A arm lift increased the stability by moving the front wheels out further.

I have 23" radial tires on 12 wheels and wished I would have gone taller
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:37 PM   #3
sgfd619
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
my Jakes A arm lift increased the stability by moving the front wheels out further.

I have 23" radial tires on 12 wheels and wished I would have gone taller

Ahh didn’t think about it moving the front wheels out further. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sgfd619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The previous owner of mine put an All Sports on. I don't think it's 6", maybe a 3 or 4? Regardless, the ride is much better than a stock suspension. My buddy was floored after riding in it the first time coming from his stock TXT.

I currently have 22" (measure 23") 6 Ply, ATV/Mud type tires on it. Sucks a lot from the batteries, so I've ordered 20" All-Terrain tires on 10" wheels. Will gain back some torque as well, as that's what I want.

I guess my point is that I caution going too large on tires on a stock cart. Maybe the RXV can handle it better than my older TXT, but adding all the rolling weight is putting stresses on a system that may not have been designed to handle it.

I didn't want to find myself in a situation where I broke something and was having to buy aftermarket controllers/solenoids/motors. Plus, I'll get longer use out of it before needing to charge.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO