lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
Chrisguga
Not Yet Wild

Default What kind of range from an L6 72v?

My future in-laws all have gas carts and travel trailers and really have my family interested in camping now. We rented an electric EZGO and a travel trailer down at the Spirit of the Suwannee last weekend, the generic beat to hell white ones everyone knows, and the thing barely lasted 2 hours on a full charge and was a solid 8-10mph slower than the father in law’s new EZGO gasser. We had to recharge it 3x per day.

They think I’m nuts for wanting an electric cart, but after reading about Bob Boyce’s tunes on here that crank the speed up plus my love of being different, I’m really interested in the 72 volt L6.

So, my question is how many hours can a 72v L6 last on a full charge? We typically cruise around the campgrounds and trails, visiting friends, riding the off-road type trails, enjoying an adult beverage or two, etc for 4-6 hours per day and on into the night. Stop and go, some wide open, lots of putting along trails at 10mph, etc.

I see where the cart is rated for 70 miles on a charge, but these ratings are often optimistic. Can anyone give me a run time estimate on how long a charge would last given a 30mph tune, but mostly just 10-12 mph trail riding most of the time?

Thanks so much for your time!
Chrisguga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: What kind of range from an L6 72v?

Cut that "70 miles" in half, and your closer to reality. Not sure where they found a 70 mile long downhill slope to test on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2019 L6 that Bob tuned to 26 mph (I did not want higher than that). The range is incredible. Took the family on a 21 mile cruise around our very hilly neighborhood including some golf course hills with multiple switchbacks. This is the longest cruise I have been on (usually a couple miles at a time). When we got home the charge gauge was right between 1/2 and 3/4 full. Cart was still running like it just came off the charger.
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Chrisguga
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post
I have a 2019 L6 that Bob tuned to 26 mph (I did not want higher than that). The range is incredible. Took the family on a 21 mile cruise around our very hilly neighborhood including some golf course hills with multiple switchbacks. This is the longest cruise I have been on (usually a couple miles at a time). When we got home the charge gauge was right between 1/2 and 3/4 full. Cart was still running like it just came off the charger.
Thanks for the response. That range sounds like exactly what I need. How did you track the miles traveled, out of curiosity? Was that a guesstimate or is that a pretty accurate number? I want to make sure the cart can really go that type of distance on a charge, but what you’re reporting sounds great.
Chrisguga is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO