lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
BrianT
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV speed options

Good evening all. I have a 2017 RXV thats currently in freedom mode. I have heard that the stock controller has alot more in it. Who has input to the available options? Who can properly program them?
Am I better off buying a controller?

2017 RXV
No lift
14" wheels
Neighborhood hauler

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
BrianT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 12:10 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV speed options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Good evening all. I have a 2017 RXV thats currently in freedom mode. I have heard that the stock controller has alot more in it. Who has input to the available options? Who can properly program them?
Am I better off buying a controller?

2017 RXV
No lift
14" wheels
Neighborhood hauler

Thanks!
Wheel size is not as important as tire size. A stock 2017 RXV with stock 18" tires can be reprogrammed to run at about 26-28 MPH, depending upon actual tire diameter. Tires can vary by up to 1" from rated diameter. That same cart with 20.5" diameter tires can run at about 32-33 MPH. To turn tires larger than 20.5" diameter requires a 350 Amp upgrade controller. I'm in central Florida right now. Where are you located?

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
yobrigidey
Not Yet Wild

Also interested. Are there any ill effects to the controller other than shorter runtime between charges?
yobrigidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #4
BrianT
Not Yet Wild

Bob, it has 205/30/20 tires. They measure right at about 20". Hoping to stick with the stock controller if that is possible.... Im located in Richmond, Va. Hope you missed the storm down there in Fla!
Old 08-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #5
BrianT
Not Yet Wild

205/30/14. Sorry. Im in the tire business and apparently had my mind in a different place while replying
Old 08-05-2020, 11:39 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob, it has 205/30/14 tires. They measure right at about 20". Hoping to stick with the stock controller if that is possible.... Im located in Richmond, Va. Hope you missed the storm down there in Fla!
Wow, I drove through Richmond VA last week! Yuppirs, the stock controller is designed for up to 20.5" tires.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:13 AM   #7
BrianT
Not Yet Wild

Small world! Thanks for the info Bob. Is this something that can be done by a local dealer or is there somewhere that you recommend? Maybe a programmer that I can buy?
Old 08-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Small world! Thanks for the info Bob. Is this something that can be done by a local dealer or is there somewhere that you recommend? Maybe a programmer that I can buy?
Sorry, but that is not something that can be done without the experience and equipment required to do it. Freedom mode, through a dealer with a passkey, is easy,. But it also cuts your carts torque by an additional 12% for a total of 40% reduction in torque. Freedom mode will get you 19.5 MPH. What I do can give you 26+ MPH with stock tires/wheels. I suggest that you read some posts and threads here about what I do as compared to the other options available. And consider the costs involved with the various options you have available. Just don't take too long deciding, as my option is going away as I get older and less able to travel. I've already stopped having members mail me their controllers to reprogram by mail. I was getting frustrated with members damaging their controllers by not following the simple directions on how to safely remove and re-install their controllers.

Bob
Old 08-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #9
gilbiy1977
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sorry, but that is not something that can be done without the experience and equipment required to do it. Freedom mode, through a dealer with a passkey, is easy,. But it also cuts your carts torque by an additional 12% for a total of 40% reduction in torque. Freedom mode will get you 19.5 MPH. What I do can give you 26+ MPH with stock tires/wheels. I suggest that you read some posts and threads here about what I do as compared to the other options available. And consider the costs involved with the various options you have available. Just don't take too long deciding, as my option is going away as I get older and less able to travel. I've already stopped having members mail me their controllers to reprogram by mail. I was getting frustrated with members damaging their controllers by not following the simple directions on how to safely remove and re-install their controllers.

Bob
Bob, I hate I did not own my cart last month when you were making your rounds. When might you be back through central NC again? I have a 2018 Ezgo RXV Elite that would appreciate some of your magic.
gilbiy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #10
BrianT
Not Yet Wild

Bob, I did some reading and i would definitely be interested in getting some help from you. Everyone seems to have great things to say about what you offer. Is there a list? How do we make this happen? Feel free to dm me if you would like
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO