lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2020, 11:32 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Can anyone help me learn about my TXT?

Hello everyone! I got a new to me TXT today that certainly needs some things! It has no motor or batteries. I don't know how to identify is this is a 36V TXT or a 48. I think it's 36, but can't figure out the year. Can anyone determine that from the serial number? I tried on EZGOs website, but all the site did was sit and spin for me!

I did find this tag on the wiring harness that stated "2004" - so could that be it?

From what I have learned from a graph, this is a "Sepex" cart. Is that correct?

Now - this cart needs a motor. I have a lead on a stock 36v motor for an unknown price, or for $100, I can get a working 48v motor and controller. I have 36v batteries, but the 48v is the better way to go right?

Also here - should there be a run/tow switch with a cover on top of the controller/solenoid? If so - where can I buy that switch and cover to protect it?

Sorry for the newb questions, I am trying hard to learn - I promise!

God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can anyone help me learn about my TXT?

You have an Ezgo PDS drive. They only came 36v, easily identified by the 6/6v batteries, identified by the 3 water fill holes in the top.
In the clove box is a tag with the manufacture code. The last 2 digits tell the year the cart was made.
Go here to read more > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/golf-...ification.html

And here https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You have an Ezgo PDS drive. They only came 36v, easily identified by the 6/6v batteries, identified by the 3 water fill holes in the top.
In the clove box is a tag with the manufacture code. The last 2 digits tell the year the cart was made.
Go here to read more > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/golf-...ification.html

And here https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
Unfortunately my plate is missing. Stupid question but it’s still a TXT right? I don’t want to order the wrong parts!
Old 09-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It is a txt PDS cart. May not have a tag in the glove box. Check the frame rail above the batteries for a sticker with a date code.

Also if you are replacing the controller you really don’t need the cover but you will need a run tow switch. Now would be the perfect time to go to 48 volts
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It is a txt PDS cart. May not have a tag in the glove box. Check the frame rail above the batteries for a sticker with a date code.

Also if you are replacing the controller you really don’t need the cover but you will need a run tow switch. Now would be the perfect time to go to 48 volts
Awesome. I’m sure the stock 48v motor isn’t much to write home about but for $100 and the controller - I won’t complain. A working cart is better than a non-working cart. I assume the stock 48v motor should bolt right in....

I called a place and had them check the serial number - 2004 it is!
Old 09-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is the 48 volt setup from an Ezgo? If so might be easier to buy the new harness made for it.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is the 48 volt setup from an Ezgo? If so might be easier to buy the new harness made for it.
Yes - someone is upgrading the motor on their cart and he's giving me the controller and motor for $100. He showed me where the harness had something different for programming, and I believe he said he'd include that as well.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The txt48 package is actually decent if you aren’t getting crazy. Should be a 1206hb Curtis if stock. Later drop an Alltrax 400 amp controller in there and you will have a solid setup
Old 09-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
The txt48 package is actually decent if you aren’t getting crazy. Should be a 1206hb Curtis if stock. Later drop an Alltrax 400 amp controller in there and you will have a solid setup
Thank you!! I appreciate it. You mentioned the new wiring harness - is there any reason one is needed over the 36v one?
Old 09-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

36 volt controller uses different plugs than the 48 volt. A new 48 volt harness would make the conversion much easier.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO